ring tone invalid file problem

govermentchees

Post #118 November 2012, 16:52
Hello to all. I can download ring tones. I can install them on phone. They play on phone as mp3. But when i try to copy them into phone to use as a ring tone it says invalid file on my phone. I have a rumor reflex lg. Thanks for any advice..

ZType

Post #218 November 2012, 18:39
Your network blocked direct download. You will have to download to a PC then transfer to your phone.

Thanks!

Abhaykhr

Post #318 November 2012, 19:31
1. Transfer the files to a location on your sd card.
2. Change the file extension of the mp3 file to 3gp or 3g2 (ex: song.mp3 -> song.3gp)
3. On phone go to Main Menu -> Tools -> Mass Storage -> File Manager -> Folder_where_you_placed_3gp- or-3g2_files
4. Hit "Multi Select" button on top, then select music file
5. Hit "More" at the bottom right
6. Hit "Assign As"
7. Hit "Ringer"
8. Proceed from last step !

govermentchees

Post #418 November 2012, 23:22
how do you change file extension from mp3 to 3gp . Thanks for your reply

Abhaykhr

Post #519 November 2012, 05:39
Connect your phone or SD card to a computer open Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and view the file you wish to change. if you can't see the file extension, go to organize > Folder and Search Options, then click the View tab. Uncheck the box titled "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click OK. now you should be able to see the file extension: Right-click the file name and select Rename (or left-click and hold down the button for one second). enter the new extension. after entering the new extension, hit the Enter key.

seadar

Post #618 January 2013, 18:28
I have had the exact same problem downloading to my phone. I used your instructions and it worked beautifully. Took a little bit ofwork, but worth it. Thanks!!!!!

This topic has 6 posts, spanning 1 page.