Getting downloaded ringtone onto phone!

azigre

Post #19 November 2012, 17:08
I downloaded a ringtone. Saw on here where it says to connect phone to Itunes and open ringtones folder..but dont see a ringtone folder. Help?

Abhaykhr

Post #29 November 2012, 19:10
You need to ensure the Ringtones is ticked in the iTunes preference.
To verify that, open iTunes and click "iTunes ยป Preferences" and make sure you are in the "General" settings and tick the box.

mprm20

Post #315 November 2012, 22:24
i'm trying to download ringtones, i've managed to get it to my imac, but it wont enter in the tones, instead it's located in my mp3 files, and get it to my iphone?

Abhaykhr

Post #416 November 2012, 08:58
@mprm20 :-
1. Take the saved file and first rename it back to an .m4a file extension.
2. Drag and drop this into iTunes (or double-click to open it with iTunes). This will pull the clip into your music folder (as you'd expect).
3. Find and right click on the ringtone in your music library and choose "Create AAC version."
4. Then go to your iTunes Music Folder and find the AAC version you just saved (not your original clip). Rename the extension on *this* file now back to an .m4r file.
5. Drag and drop this into iTunes, and it should go to your Tones folder and be able to be synced on the phone, etc.
6. You can now delete the .m4a ringtone clip from your library.

littleninja7a

Post #524 March 2013, 21:02
Thank you Abhaykhr - I'm new to iphone and wouldn't have figured this out without your explanation!

capecodjane

Post #628 March 2013, 13:17
Dear Abhaykhr,
I have followed steps 1 thru 3 OK, but when I get to step 4, I find both versions of my ringtone inside my iTunes Music folder, but how do I view their file extensions inside iTunes?

And in step 4, this file, both files are inside my Music in iTunes already. And Im not sure of how to change their file extensions.

Also no number of Tones show beside my Tones folder in iTunes, unless I click on it, and then it only shows my old ringtone, which I made long ago on a very early version of iTunes.

Im thinking perhaps that the new version of iTunes that I have on my iMac, v. 11.0.2, might not allow importing ringtones any more.

Or is it just that Im not doing it properly?
Jane

kc3po311

Post #730 April 2013, 20:19

Quote of user: Abhaykhr

@mprm20 :-
1. Take the saved file and first rename it back to an .m4a file extension.
2. Drag and drop this into iTunes (or double-click to open it with iTunes). This will pull the clip into your music folder (as you'd expect).
3. Find and right click on the ringtone in your music library and choose "Create AAC version."
4. Then go to your iTunes Music Folder and find the AAC version you just saved (not your original clip). Rename the extension on *this* file now back to an .m4r file.
5. Drag and drop this into iTunes, and it should go to your Tones folder and be able to be synced on the phone, etc.
6. You can now delete the .m4a ringtone clip from your library.

Mine will not let me 'create aac version.' it's all grayed out in the selection. any other suggestions on what could be prohibiting this?

This topic has 7 posts, spanning 1 page.