is rooting is good for Android ?

12>

___love

Post #130 October 2012, 08:25
i want to root my android(samsung galaxy y GT-S5360)..
i have some querries..plz help me out ..
1- is rooting is safe for android ? is there any disavantages?
2- if i root it warranty will break and if i unroot it did warranty will come back ?
3- what is the easiest way to root..without any harm to os?

King_Legend11

Post #230 October 2012, 13:24
it depends what you want to root it for?

_YOSEF_

Post #330 October 2012, 13:50
As far as i know rooting is like backing up your phone so it is safe and does not interfere with warranty ,I myself tried to root my phone but it is too hard It is better if you back your phone up on your laptop or pc i think Incase your phone starts acting up So all you have to do is reset your phone

___love

Post #430 October 2012, 15:33

Quote of user: _YOSEF_

As far as i know rooting is like backing up your phone so it is safe and does not interfere with warranty ,I myself tried to root my phone but it is too hard It is better if you back your phone up on your laptop or pc i think Incase your phone starts acting up So all you have to do is reset your phone

thanku Now i have done it..its too easy .

Fried_Kamote

Post #58 November 2012, 17:44
Rooting is also reversible. Which is also simple to do. There'd be times when you will need to unroot your phone. Like when taking it in for repairs if you need to.

Although once you get used to a rooted android phone and discover all its benefits you'd probably never want to unroot it.

CyberianIce

Post #69 December 2012, 19:56

Quote of user: Fried_Kamote

Rooting is also reversible. Which is also simple to do. There'd be times when you will need to unroot your phone. Like when taking it in for repairs if you need to.

Although once you get used to a rooted android phone and discover all its benefits you'd probably never want to unroot it.

One can not do reverse procedure on device with just any H/W malfunction. Ie device with broken USB i-face or dead battery - You wont be able to unroot such devices - and that can lead you into problems when you try to realize your warranty.

mth785

Post #721 December 2012, 18:53

Quote of user: _YOSEF_

That is in no way what rooting is. Rooting is gaining root access on your device so that you can change things that you don't normally have access to.
Some of the reasons for rooting are to remove service providers bloat , remove apps you'll never use and to install custom roms .

7COLOR

Post #85 January 2013, 14:26
Any disadvantages of rooting ?

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 05.01.13, 21:39.

Emil89EC

Post #95 January 2013, 21:29
The biggest disadvantage is the loss of warranty. And the impulse to go further and further with experimenting with a rooted phone :P, like new ROMS, bootloader unlocking, new kernels, overclocking and the list goes on...

__GeNeSiS__

Post #109 January 2013, 05:09
I have rooted My Samsung galaxy Y Duos.... And have updated it to 4.0.4 Android...its Good but risky...

12>

This topic has 18 posts, spanning 2 pages.