If I terminate my yahoo mail account

Kingcharles1st

Post #111 September 2012, 19:23
Ok If I terminate my yahoo account and someone registers with my old email address when it becomes available again....could they receive any emails that are meant for me?

_Waqar_

Post #211 September 2012, 19:31
a closed account can not be reactivated .... which means it will never be registered under someone's name again.

Kingcharles1st

Post #311 September 2012, 19:43
Cheers for the reply. One question though. According to yahoo it says "due to the limited number of names available, we may allow other users to sign up for and use your current Yahoo! ID and profile names after your account has been deleted. "

Does that not mean that if someone did register will that ID they would receive any emails that were meant for me. I'm confused

_Waqar_

Post #411 September 2012, 20:06
it doesnt make sense that on one hand they will not allow you to reactivate or re-sign up for the same ID and on other hand the will let other users to use the same ID.... ? may be they will allow registration for the same account after a specific period of time i.e; after 5 or 10 years.....better read the rules in detail....and yeah the other user will definitely receive the emails which are meant for you....secured accounts recognize only username and password, not the real owners

_flipsyde

Post #511 September 2012, 20:30
@waqar
I was also confused that why would yahoo will remember so many deleted id's in their data so that new user cannot register with those id's .
but thanx for clearing my doubt.

Ultrastar1

Post #65 October 2012, 06:00
Not possible. The mail server creates a new inbox for each user and has built in function which prevent duplicate usernames. The issue that you should be worried about is how long will they store your emails and personal data on their servers?

This topic has 6 posts, spanning 1 page.