malware warning on my guestbook

<12

Quitter

Post #1110 July 2012, 12:26
Just delete the pictures posted from friends18.com .. My friend just got this problem solved .. :

Abhaykhr

Post #1210 July 2012, 13:20

Quote of user: _Mystery_Girl_

@nibu i dont know which one is from the link , i dont want to delete all my gb posts

I just check your GB and i found that post. delete Demon_Damsel's post.
she posted www.friends18.com site images in your gb. then you won't get this warning!

Edit: it's ok

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 10.07.12, 14:00.

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #1310 July 2012, 13:53
ow okk.. thanx 4 helpin out

_YOSEF_

Post #1410 July 2012, 17:01

Quote of user: _Mystery_Girl_

ok ,guys i Trust my google chrome and im not really thinking about using another browser, but thanx 4 the suggestions..

@Crazyali Thanx 4 that, uhm how should i inform the admins ? via contact zedge ?

@nibu i dont know which one is from the link , i dont want to delete all my gb posts

Just go in and delete the image that has Friends18.com , i went into many and i use Google chrome it will not give you any problems once you delete the malware I bypass the warning to help others all the time
I checked your profile and i did not see any images from friends18.com and i checked you gb too all the images that was on view

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 10.07.12, 17:17.

Quitter

Post #1511 July 2012, 02:25
I have been following this topic and you people were pushing the panic button as if there was an avalanche coming. As I said in my previous post, sandboxie is a relatively safer option in such cases. In fact many routers and modems use sandboxie as inbuilt isolater in order to combat malwares and trojans. The advantage with sandboxed environment is that it doesn't even touch the system resources and that's what makes it a lot safer than the normal environment. Another secure option is to use Linux based OS on your PC because these malwares are being designed by hackers to attack Windows and Mac users only. In my opinion it's better to be safe with those malware warnings rather to bypass them which is obviously a silly and risky thing to do.

A DNS changer malware recently hit around 3,00,000 servers worldwide and FBI had to shut down those servers temporarily in order to help those hit by that malware and clean their pc during that temporary period with a good anti-malware software. If you suspect that your PC isn't recognizing IP addresses the way it should then just type dns-ok.us in the address bar of your browser and hit enter. If there appears an image with a green background then your PC is recognizing IP addresses correctly but if the background turns red then you have been hit by that malware. In that case you should consult an authorized technician to clean the malware from your computer. For further information you may browse through the FBI website.

This post was written on a mobile device.

_YOSEF_

Post #1611 July 2012, 09:48

Quote of user: satyajitrath

I have been following this topic and you people were pushing the panic button as if there was an avalanche coming. As I said in my previous post, sandboxie is a relatively safer option in such cases. In fact many routers and modems use sandboxie as inbuilt isolater in order to combat malwares and trojans. The advantage with sandboxed environment is that it doesn't even touch the system resources and that's what makes it a lot safer than the normal environment. Another secure option is to use Linux based OS on your PC because these malwares are being designed by hackers to attack Windows and Mac users only. In my opinion it's better to be safe with those malware warnings rather to bypass them which is obviously a silly and risky thing to do.

A DNS changer malware recently hit around 3,00,000 servers worldwide and FBI had to shut down those servers temporarily in order to help those hit by that malware and clean their pc during that temporary period with a good anti-malware software. If you suspect that your PC isn't recognizing IP addresses the way it should then just type dns-ok.us in the address bar of your browser and hit enter. If there appears an image with a green background then your PC is recognizing IP addresses correctly but if the background turns red then you have been hit by that malware. In that case you should consult an authorized technician to clean the malware from your computer. For further information you may browse through the FBI website.

Yes we know all about the FBI and i am not panicking ,it;s to make aware to other users the problem that they are having ,I had to help many users yesterday because they was worried about losing their profiles
A normal anti virus will clean out malware with out a problem and all we have to do is notify Google as they have a report link on the red alert they show you
Thanks for your input

<12

This topic has 16 posts, spanning 2 pages.