malware warning on my guestbook

12>

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #110 July 2012, 00:35
Hi, uhm im getting a warning with Google chrome when i try to open my guestbook:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.zedge.net contains content from friends18.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified friends18.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on friends18.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

uhm what should i do in a situation like this ? i didn't want to take a risk and open my GB..
help someone

Quitter

Post #210 July 2012, 01:41
Try firefox and see whether the warning still shows up or not. You can also install sandboxie and run google chrome in sandboxed mode which will be safer and it won't affect your system.

This post was written on a mobile device.

Quitter

Post #310 July 2012, 03:08
me too dear what to do?

_Myst3ry_Soul_

Post #410 July 2012, 03:38
here is list of browsers try one of them hope you will not get problem again www.zedge.net/forum/t/55451/

immy4u

Post #510 July 2012, 06:52
Dont Be Sad , i Aslo faced this problem very time
But i dont care what is this ,,,

And hacking is not easy Only via Guestbook
so dont worry , just leave the guestbook page ,,

Abhaykhr

Post #610 July 2012, 06:54
This is not a zedge site problem. you get this warning because someone post a image in your guestbook from friends18.com
that image a malware detected item. better solution is delete that post then you won't get this warning again!
Note: friends18.com this site is full of virus. so be careful and don't post that site images!

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 10.07.12, 07:47.

crazyali1

Post #710 July 2012, 09:02
Here's an answer by Admin "bigbluechief" to a similar issue in another forum. This should clear things out -

Quote of user: bigbluechief

I've checked the user's profile and Google Chrome is warning you because somebody posted a link to an image on a website that Google Chrome believe might host malware. There is however nothing wrong with the images.

As a general rule; if you use a browser (e.g. Chrome) that warns you about potential security problems you're yourself responsible for deciding if you want to ignore the warning or go back.

We however appreciate it if Zedgers inform us when they encounter such security warnings - we'll then check and see if it is correct or not.

Admin

_YOSEF_

Post #810 July 2012, 09:06
Right now snow_w and saba_ have that malware warning on their profiles i use google chrome and a friend had it last night it was from a site called friends18.com that was doing the spying

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 10.07.12, 09:07.

Quitter

Post #910 July 2012, 10:36
Users,Pleas kindly delete the images that posted in your gb from that virus attacking site by other users as abhay said.Also,I heard about that site,'It'l help to make a damage on other sites'. .@Admin team. .Just look now Mustaffa said that,The two user's profile attacked by Malware. So,Please urgently take an action to anti of that virus.Otherwise,ZEDGE 'll be a story after some days.Thanking you!

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #1010 July 2012, 12:14
ok ,guys i Trust my google chrome and im not really thinking about using another browser, but thanx 4 the suggestions..

@Crazyali Thanx 4 that, uhm how should i inform the admins ? via contact zedge ?

@nibu i dont know which one is from the link , i dont want to delete all my gb posts

12>

This topic has 16 posts, spanning 2 pages.