deleting themes nokia E71

iffy18

Post #129 June 2012, 14:34
Hello everyone,

i purchased the 2nd hand cell phone of nokia e71 and some themes are installed in it which i am not able to uninstall or delete so any one know that how i can able to delete these themes????????????????????????????
also i cannot able to delete these themes through nokia pc suite.

Plllllzzzzzzzzz help me. i am waiting the solution anxiously.

Quitter

Post #229 June 2012, 15:15
Two Solutions for your problem..
1. Go to Application Manager. Choose your theme file and uninstall it via Option.

2. Connect your phone to PC. Open it. Select your desired file. May be there' your respective theme will be with some other name there. For this open all files one by one in notepad. You will see the exact name in first line of notepad. Select your required and delete it.
Thanks

This post was written on a mobile device.

gpgarain

Post #329 June 2012, 16:24

Quote of user: iffy18

Hello everyone,

i purchased the 2nd hand cell phone of nokia e71 and some themes are installed in it which i am not able to uninstall or delete so any one know that how i can able to delete these themes????????????????????????????
also i cannot able to delete these themes through nokia pc suite.

Plllllzzzzzzzzz help me. i am waiting the solution anxiously.

Sorry to say, but if these files are default ones which come from Nokia with the phone software, you'll not be able to delete these by any means. Thanks

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 29.06.12, 16:25.

iffy18

Post #430 June 2012, 13:57
thanks for your help but i have tried both the ways but it can't be deleted and these themes are not the default ones these themes installed by the person who was using this cell phone before me.i really need to get off these themes because these are the unrated themes and i don't like them. please if you have another solution share with me i am very thankful to you all.

_Myst3ry_Soul_

Post #530 June 2012, 14:12
i think there permission might have changed to read only thats why you cant del them connect your mobile to pc and change there permission to read and write than you can del them hope might work

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 30.06.12, 14:15.

gpgarain

Post #630 June 2012, 14:24

Quote of user: iffy18

thanks for your help but i have tried both the ways but it can't be deleted and these themes are not the default ones these themes installed by the person who was using this cell phone before me.i really need to get off these themes because these are the unrated themes and i don't like them. please if you have another solution share with me i am very thankful to you all.

If such is the case, you have, I think, only two ways left to get rid of these files.
1) You'll have to connect your phone (in data storage mode) via USB data cable to a PC having genuine Windows and Nokia Suite installed in it. It'll automatically detect those files as soon as it gets connected and will correct in such a way that those files will be deleted or you'll be able to delete those manually.

2) update your phone software either connecting to PC, or from Nokia Service Centre.

Have a good luck.

This post was written on a mobile device.

iffy18

Post #730 June 2012, 15:39
thanks to this user i have solved my problem

Quote of user: green_lemon

[For Nokia Series 60 3rd Edition devices]

When you can't find the themes you want to uninstall in Application Manager, try this helpful solution provided by alien_being.
Quote of user: alien_being

i've seen issues with removing themes on some symbian series 60 v3 devices, so here's what you do to remove the theme. bit round-about, but it's your best best.

here's what you do...

1) simply plug in your phone to your pc/mac and switch to the mass storage mode or use a card reader that allows you to browse thru your memory card...whatever ur comfortable with

2) now, open up the memory card as located under windows explorer/ my computer/ finder and browse to \private\10207114\import

3) browse through the folders shown in this directory and you will be able to remove any theme of your choice. you will notice each folder will have an MBM, MIF, and SKN file. ideally, each of these files should be named after the theme so if you want to remove "A theme", look for A Theme.mbm, A theme.mif and A Theme.skn. sometimes, these names aren't present, i'll tell you what to do then in just a moment.

4) like i said, sometimes the name isn't mentioned, i.e, you may see some MBM/MIF/SKN files named simply ?themepackage.mbm? etc. In this case, simply open the SKN file in Notepad and you will see the actual theme name in the first few lines of text.

5) once you?ve found the folder containing the theme files you?d like to remove, simply delete the contents of the folder (don?t delete the folder itself!!!!!)

that's it, now disconnect the phone or insert the memory card back into the phone and the theme will be gone!

This topic has 7 posts, spanning 1 page.