where are all the wall papers? 51,693

crippyman

Post #112 June 2012, 04:15
I just moved from the samsung transform ultra from boost mobile android 2.3.4 gingerbread to
HTC evo 3d android 4.0.3 icecreamsandwich and as for wall papers I searched my favorite artist, Giger and got 0 results apon closer look I then noticed that on my older phone zedge says there is 56,090 wallpapers as on the htc 3d evo there is only 4,397. Now I did the math and thats 51,693 wallpapers that I dont have acess to and I think that is a very significant number to be missing. As I think this is a littel backwards I mean I bought a better phone with a screen thats a littel bit bigger not much but a littel bigger & not to mention its fully up to date. And it seems that ive lost 51 thousand 693 wallpapers. Please tell me that something is being done about this!? everything else seems ok like the ringtones, notifications, livewallpapers, and games. Its just the wallpapers. I am utterly shocked about this as zedge is the best & I mean the best for all of the above mentioned. Please do something cause I dont have acess to 51 plus thousand wallpapers. I hope there will be a fix for this

Quitter

Post #212 June 2012, 05:04
Because of the new phone you now have a new screen resolution. Zedge shows you wallpapers fitted to that resolution. Because HDPI and XHDPI phones are newer there are less HD images for them, therefore you see less wallpapers in your search.

I agree this is a problem and there should be an option to download and upconvert the images, or at least center them with a border of some type.

Either that or you can find pictures and upload them for use in a resolution fitting your phone. This way others who have the same phone won't have the same problem in the future.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 12.06.12, 19:22.

crippyman

Post #312 June 2012, 06:46
Yea I already downloaded a few favorited wallpapers from my old phone and emailed them to myself at my gmail and downloaded them to new phone and was abel to use them but I had to crop them a bit but hey I still got them. This issue needs a fix. Thank you for explaining this for me.

This topic has 3 posts, spanning 1 page.