Downloading Ringtones for iPhone. Prob.

doni49

Post #16 June 2012, 00:27
My mom has an iPhone on AT&T. She found zedge and downloaded about 15 different ringtones.

She received an email message for each ringtone--one message per ringtone. But there was NOTHING in the email that identified what ringtone was attached. Nothing in the message and the ringtone filename was .m4r (dot m4r with NOTHING before the period).

Is this normal?

TIA!

_t0xic_

Post #26 June 2012, 02:35
The M4R file type is associated with iPhone. This is basically a renamed AAC (M4A)
and those ringtones your mom downloaded are working ?

This post was written on a mobile device.

green_lemon

Post #36 June 2012, 07:09

Quote of user: doni49

My mom has an iPhone on AT&T. She found zedge and downloaded about 15 different ringtones.

She received an email message for each ringtone--one message per ringtone. But there was NOTHING in the email that identified what ringtone was attached. Nothing in the message and the ringtone filename was .m4r (dot m4r with NOTHING before the period).

Is this normal?

TIA!

That's normal if she was trying to download ringtone in Zedge touch version: t.zedge.net/
Rename the downloaded m4r file to "file_name.m4r", that should change to the correct file extension then simply sync with iTunes on computer.

doni49

Post #47 June 2012, 03:16

Post quote:

That's normal if she was trying to download ringtone in Zedge touch version: t.zedge.net/
Rename the downloaded m4r file to "file_name.m4r", that should change to the correct file extension then simply sync with iTunes on computer.

That's what I did--I figured out that if I saved the file as RingToneName.m4r and then opened it, iTunes would import it as a ringtone with the name being RingToneName. But the problem is that I had NO IDEA what the ringtone was supposed to be called. As far as I'm concerned this is bad design if that's considered normal.

This topic has 4 posts, spanning 1 page.