Do you think torrents are illegal?

1234>

_Thats_me_

Post #127 February 2012, 17:59
Since , torrents became most popular file sharing media . But it is good as well as bad . What do you think?

This post was written on a mobile device.

Arrow003

Post #227 February 2012, 19:17
sometimes it bad......
but mostly its good to download torrent files.
its easy to handle than direct download..........

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #327 February 2012, 19:52
The Method for File transfer used by torrents (p2p) itself is not illegal, its just a way of sending Files without the need of "big servers" etc.
but the illegal part is that people use torrents to download/spread copyrighted material, (like songs, albums, movies,programs etc) . so basically your spreading it to people who haven't paid for those things, that's the illegal part

Arrow003

Post #427 February 2012, 19:58
Ya that's true.....
But not all torrents are illegal.....

skane1969

Post #528 February 2012, 18:04

Quote of user: _Mystery_Girl_

The Method for File transfer used by torrents (p2p) itself is not illegal, its just a way of sending Files without the need of "big servers" etc.
but the illegal part is that people use torrents to download/spread copyrighted material, (like songs, albums, movies,programs etc) . so basically your spreading it to people who haven't paid for those things, that's the illegal part

True that... just hope that movie and music idustry could adapt to internet users ,we want the stuff fast ;). I am willing to pay fer it but not a mostreus sum of money. it has been proven since me earlier glory days on the net that there are certain peeps, groups etc. who can get the stuff out fast .. So why don the game, music, movie industry adapt ( do the same)??? Couse they are old farts maybe? i dunno..

reason fer edit.. Me fat fingers andtoo fast at times it seems ;)

Cheers and Peace

This post has been edited 3 times. The last edit took place 28.02.12, 18:12.

Brent1104

Post #61 March 2012, 20:07
Start charging for torrents and you are in trouble because copywright lawyers will hang you out to dry if they catch ya , otherwise ya should be ok B-)

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 01.03.12, 20:10.

sudhas

Post #71 March 2012, 20:47
They are illegal to me if im the producer of a movie or a game..

Not so illegal to me now, because there are no better ways to pay for them, they should think of an alternative easy system altogether..

Just my opinion

_Thats_me_

Post #814 March 2012, 17:30
Oh well i think it is good for sharing for files but sharing illegal stuffs likes softwares,movies etc. is bad.

So if a person shares hd wallpapers to his blog is that also is a crime. Like movies wallpaper,nature,scenery etc.?

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 14.03.12, 17:34.

Quitter

Post #915 March 2012, 06:51
That depends on if it was on a site that wanted money for the wallpaper before downloading. If it was on a site that just posted it for everyone (not pirated site) I'm sure you can share it too

_Desperado

Post #1015 March 2012, 07:40
Its a gr8 search engine with lot of gr8 stuff...

1234>

This topic has 33 posts, spanning 4 pages.