unlocking HTC Magic

dj_coolish

Post #17 February 2012, 20:00
so, i searched the earth for an answer and always hit 2 walls... is either: pay to unlock, or reflash the device (which is complicated, because i can't find a good firmware anywhere). Any of u have a better idea?

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 07.02.12, 20:02.

This post was written on a mobile device.

Quitter

Post #228 February 2012, 21:21
Not to sound rude, but why wasn't it unlocked/rooted and modded like 3 years ago? I would get a newer phone

dj_coolish

Post #328 February 2012, 22:42
Well, i don't wanna sound rude either... But unlike u, i use what i have and can't afford to buy a new device...
Besides, u can't apreciate the full extent of technology unless u research the previous versions at full...

If u get my drift... U can't learn this things at school, mommy's boy...
Even if i had a new HTC One or so... i still wanna see what the HTC Magic can do.
And i enjoy learning from my mistakes... So instead of telling me to buy a new one (which obviously means u can't help me), u could have saved energy not answering )

Peace

Quitter

Post #428 February 2012, 22:59
Well I actually could help you if you want to tone it down a notch.
I've unlocked about 100 htc DREAMS and MAGICS. Let me see if I still have the files on my computer. If I do... Did you want me to help or not.
And yes, seeing what the old ones can do and testing and making mistakes on that is a good idea. my G1(Dream) is running 2.3 and is flawless.

Peace

dj_coolish

Post #528 February 2012, 23:03
Well, i have to change S-ON to S-OFF on my magic before i can do anything...
i tried terminal emulator on it, but i don't know if i can use that to change the security on it.
i saw a video about a command line, but it didn't work...
any thoughts?

Quitter

Post #628 February 2012, 23:07
I'll be home in about 2 hours. I'll look and see if I have the files an step by step txt file I used. I might even send you my Dream and Magic phones to play with. They are both unlocked and modded.

dj_coolish

Post #728 February 2012, 23:10
if u find the files, my mail is [email removed by admin]
i've seen how they do it at xda developers... but i didn't find yet a way to s-off the device

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 28.02.12, 23:24.

This topic has 7 posts, spanning 1 page.