Limited number of wallpapers under ICS?

digitalis

Post #12 February 2012, 09:49
Hello!

Recently I flashed a vanilla ICS ROM on my HTC Desire. Everything went smoothly, except one thing: my favourite Zedge application showed only 1900 available wallpapers.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and if there is a way to get the full listing back?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 02.02.12, 11:54.

digitalis

Post #28 February 2012, 11:21
Am I the only one with this problem? Is noone else using ICS and Zedge?

Tovagulet

Post #39 February 2012, 14:42
I use Gingerbread... =/

Maybe there could be something with the ROM thats causing the app to find only 1900 wallpapers.
Im sure if you used the original update of Andriod to ICS you would find more wallpapers :p

bbalcrazy92

Post #411 February 2012, 17:11
hey im using ics too on my gnexus. i only see about 500 wallpapers. i already posted a thread on the forums a few mins ago about it, follow it maybe someone will know what to do on that =/

EDIT- nevermind, someone really likes to keep deleting my threads. i guess we havta just find the answer here

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 12.02.12, 16:56.

CharlieTwo_Six

Post #517 February 2012, 08:21
I have a galaxy SII had several thousand available before, but the last couple of days, I only see about 350 or so. Im not quite sure what the issue is, as no settings on my phone were changed. So i have the same issue as you, but with a different phone.

YamahaYZ450

Post #617 February 2012, 16:45
My wife and I both have the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and a few days ago we also lost thousands of wallpapers. As of today we can still only view approx 350. I read another forum that said we need to un-intsall Zedge and install an older version but I don't remember updating my Zedge recently and it's not set up to automatically update..

Does anyone know what happened and what we can do to fix it?????

CharlieTwo_Six

Post #717 February 2012, 16:55
Thank you for the response...I'm just glad it is not just me experiencing the issue. Yes, Zedge did update a few weeks ago. But if i recall I still had access to thousands of wallpapers after the update. So im not quite sure if this was the reason for the loss of wallpapers.

EDIT: I just installed and reinstalled it, now I have even less amount of wallpapers. I think the app is "detecting" the wrong model of phone hence lesser amount of wallpapers. Because when I go on zedge.net and put in my model of phone....I get thousands of results for my phone. But the app only has hundreds, so im not sure on how to "reset" how the app detects the model of my phone.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 17.02.12, 17:19.

YamahaYZ450

Post #817 February 2012, 17:17
The forum I read said to go to freewarelovers.com/android/app/zedge scroll to the bottom and you can download older versions of Zedge. He had to revert all the way back to 1.7 which is several updates back but you may be able to download the one before the most recent update and hopefully it'll work. I'm going to try and and see if it works at least until they come out with a new update to fix the problem.

CharlieTwo_Six

Post #917 February 2012, 17:29
Nope did not work, I think this is a server side glitch on zedge now. I got my phone in dec..so the app version I would have had is 2.6. That is what I installed and I get the same amount of wallpapers....even less now...250 or so. That leads me to believe the issue is with how the app detects the type of phone you have. I went back and tried to favorite past downloads, and the app tells me the the wallpaper is not optimized for my phone. However when that pic is applied as a wallpaper, the couldnt be more vibrant, clear and crisp. So something is up with the hardware detection system of the app in my opinion.

YamahaYZ450

Post #1017 February 2012, 17:40
I agree. I went to the Zedge website, found the Skyrocket and had 1000's to choose from. Guess we have no choice but to wait for an update ..

This post was written on a mobile device.

This topic has 10 posts, spanning 1 page.