Help with buying new Laptop.

psycho_san

Post #116 January 2012, 06:51
Guys i just need a lil advice on buying a laptop.
My budget is around 950 US $ and im not really able to make a choice.

I'd seen a Lenovo Idea Pad Z57o, which i can afford, with these specs :

core i5 second generation
2gb Nvidia GeForce GT 520M / Intel HD Graphics 3000
This is one of the few one's tha give me 8GB RAM

And all other common stuff that amodern laptop would have.
Im not concerned about Hard disk space at all.But it doesn't come with USB 3.0.

Now im not able to decide whether i must go for this i5 which gives me 2gb graphics or other i7's because majority of the i7's here that are in my budget are giving 1gb graphics.

I've checked out the 2gb Nvidia GeForce GT 520M and many people say that it does play most of the modern games.And it gives 8GB of RAM which i guess is good enough.
Also, is Lenove an ideal brand?
Still, i just want some advice from those who can actually tell me something. Please don't post crap here because im actually gonna consider any proper reviews made by you guys.

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 16.01.12, 09:56.

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #216 January 2012, 11:18
Hi
the first laptop mentioned with the intel core i5 and the nvidia 2GB would be a good deal. i can see that you want it for gaming, so i really recommend getting a system with a Nvidia card. and as for the ram, 8GB would do a great job. USB 3.0 isn't that important if you need your laptop to run games smoothly. its the Hard disk that plays s role in it.
if your hard disk has a high rpm ( a fast hard disk drive) the game can access it's files faser, resulting in a smooth gameplay. So if you do get your laptop, defrag your hdd (not too regularly)

and as for the i7, that laptop would be faster than the i5 . as for the video card, if its 1Gb from another brand i would go for the i5 with the nvidia , but overall the i7 will be faster. but gaming performance depends on the video card too.
and yes the 8GB ram is good indeed

As for your concern about the brand lenovo , i think its a good brand. we use lenovo laptops at work too .
it depends on personal experience of people

psycho_san

Post #316 January 2012, 11:21
Hey

8gb RAM and 2GB Nvidia is what attracts me most.
It's already coming with a 720gb HDD which is more than enough and anyways,i can always connect an external.

So far my mind is set on the Lenovo so it's still my first option.

Thank you for spending a minute though.

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #416 January 2012, 11:43
hiyya
720 Gb is enough and yes external hdd aren't that expensive anymore. the first one does seem like good choice

about usb 3.0 , ive seen some acer laptops with that. not really costly. around $800.

psycho_san

Post #516 January 2012, 11:44
It's not that i WANT USB 3.0 it's just that it's something new so , u know

Here the acer one's re like just typical i7 with 1gb graphics etc etc, nothing so attractive.

_Mystery_Girl_

Post #616 January 2012, 11:52
well i must agree on that. i also have 2X USB 3.0 ports on my PC and i must say they are pretty fast . especially when transferring to and from an external HDD. So the decision is up to you . to buy or not to buy

psycho_san

Post #716 January 2012, 12:05
Yeah i guess s***w the 3.0

This topic has 7 posts, spanning 1 page.