Online relationships are good or bad???

<1234567>

GuharisRhade

Post #4120 May 2013, 15:05
The brother of a friend of mine did meet a girl on an online dating site and went to live with her, so it can work. But mostly, I think you are right, and I have seen many websites where people are clearly pursuing a delusion with someone they will never meet.

atomic_candy

Post #4220 May 2013, 15:34
the internet has only replaced the other alternatives of the 90's, like singles organizations or night clubs in that people have a viable opportunity to meet other people without having to spend hours primping and preparing for a meeting which is based primarily on chemical attraction...It's a sign of the times... it is self arranged blind dates rather than those that a century ago, were made by the professional matchmaker ...
On line love is simply another option. It still requires couples to meet and know each other as warm blooded individuals. But there is a lot to be said for the dynamics that go into developing and building a relationship in cyberspace. It requires an ability to communicate and express oneself. A good way to get to know someone before it accelerates to the next level of commitment

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 20.05.13, 15:36.

elee80

Post #4321 June 2013, 08:55
From personal experience and from watching my friends dabble in the world of online dating, things can be largely hit or miss. I've seen some horrendous experiences and some really nice ones. I met a guy off an online dating site and four and a half years later, we're engaged; so that should tell you something. Of course, there are awful ones, too. I went through a ton of losers and creeps before I met him and one of my friends got seriously duped. She met a guy playing an online game and they fell hard for each other. She even flew across the country to meet him. The problem? He wasn't as old as he said he was. He was 16! Not wanting to go to jail, she ended it and flew home. Online relationships can be good or bad. It's just a risk of trusting someone you cannot see or physically interact with.

Andreita_MW

Post #4423 June 2013, 12:14
I think its stupid if you don't have any plans to meet the person. If you guys talk and get along then make plans and im all for it if they live local

maxwell19832

Post #4511 July 2013, 10:21
its good actualy it is what you make out of it, and it all about fun getting to know people that you've never thought you'll meet or unless you travel often

This post was written on a mobile device.

StayBlessed

Post #4613 July 2013, 20:03
online relationships? Ummm well online relationships are good.. U sometimes find someone really meant for u! But.. U gotta meet the person u in love wit! U both fell in love online, okay u gotta take it to the next step! Meet the person u love, feels wonderful! I feel online relationships are good if he or she whom yur in love wit is honest! And u both meet up.. So tat u can plan of being soulmates in future.. Most of the online relationships are total time pass

Quitter

Post #4716 July 2013, 10:34
i have been though online relationships before , and i failed , its not good at all !
have any of you ever seen "Catfish the TV SHOW" ? if you see it , believe me , non of you will ever be fall in love online !
i am not gonna say that all of the relationships will fail ! but most of them will ! and me as a person , dont wanna try it again for a few possibility of it to be a true one !

__McQueen__

Post #4819 July 2013, 05:42
Well, you can't really say good or bad depends on the people themselves. Yes, it is hard to make a long distance relationship work! Most online relationships do not work out because a number of things; You do not know whether they are true, whether what they share with you is true, whether they hide important things from you, you might like their pictures but not what they actually look like in real life, you might like their personality but when you meet them you realize they speak differently to you than they did with you online and then it is over. If you want to know if its good or bad, just try it. Because the best answer is within your experience. Try it now!

Quitter

Post #4919 July 2013, 08:13
Online relationships are not that bad... sometimes they are good nd sometimes they are bad.. most of the people got their true lovers through zedge and other social networking sites... not all the persons are trust worthy.. but in my opinion some of them are really trust worthy...
So i think online relationships are not bad.....

gLeedisgood

Post #5020 July 2013, 16:53
Maintaining a relationship for a long time with someone you don't really meet periodically is most likely end up in doom. Lying would be a piece of cake and neither one could really tell about their significant others well, even with a video chat.
Can't say that it will 100%ly fail, but the concept itself is not very smart, so bad..
Not trying to be a smartass but my advice is.. Get a lot of friends online, but not a date~

<1234567>

This topic has 64 posts, spanning 7 pages.