Online relationships are good or bad???

1234567>

abhiknot

Post #114 January 2012, 10:11
Online Relationships: Good or Bad?
Hi. I've heard a gazillion stories about online relationships on the net since like 10 years ago.

Here on ZEDGE too, i have seen many of my friends getting in a relationship.

It's just crazy but It seems online romance has become common among internet users.

So u can find ur soulmate sitting at home and the person could be someone of a different country.... different race.. different language.... different culture.

back in the 80's or before 80's u had to find a partner in ur country because it's almost impossible to meet someone from a different country unless u travel abroad.
now ur options are world wide when it comes to dating.

Frankly speaking, is it a good thing or bad thing?
most online relationships seem to be delusional to me.
U are just infatuated with the ideas of the other person.
Plus this is a sad thing to say but people lie all the time on the net.
the worst scenerio that could happen is u would end up wasting ur time on someone fake for several years and get ur heart broken into pieces...

This post has been edited 3 times. The last edit took place 15.01.12, 14:45.

neo_X_ank

Post #214 January 2012, 10:38
You've almost answered your question..

Just try to realize what you'd prefer.. Relaxing at home with the risk of being deluded, over, restricting yourself to your town..??

In fact its totally a personal opinion. Repeating you, It does gives us a broader spectrum of people but it also makes it easier for people to project entirely fake reality..
It reminds of a line from a Bruce Willis flick..

Post quote:

I Don't really know who you are gal, You could be a fat-a** guy.

So Frankly its up to you.. For me, Internet is good for sharing Ideas, and knowledge and interacting in a friendly manner .But for dating, I'd go for the traditional Formats

PS: I think the topic is more suitable for Zedge Intellects. Just an opinion again..

Quitter

Post #314 January 2012, 14:45
Online Relationships Are totally bad !
for exp , i am in a net relationship with a girl abroad !
so , i can only chat with , words , or then talking thru phone or video chat ! nothing more !
you said they will lie ! well , i will say that no lies ! just a love ! but in a relationship love is not enough !
i am always say that : always follow your heart wisely !
i must think about the future between me and her , Bcuz if it doesnt go well , it will hurt both of us !l
imagine i can go and meet her , and then we wanted to live together ! where we wanna live together ? in my country or in her country ? can i live in her country , can she lives in my country ?! do i know her language , does she know my language ? well , we both know english , but its not enough ! if i wanna live in her country , where i could work ? if i wanna work , i must know their language ! Bcuz for exp in a country Germany , or China or all the countries that their official language is not English , i must know the language to could work ! and make a good life for her ! and she must thinks about it too ! if she wanna lives in my country ! could she has a work here ?!
well , lets just say that all i said is junk !
we cant find out that we could live together unless we live with each other at least for a few months ! before we met , we just know that we are in love and we have a few things in common in our attitudes ! but its not enough too !
i cant completely know her unless i dont live with her for a few months , and she cant too !
and we will live with each other for a few months , and then we find out that we cant live together and we will hurt very bad !! Bcuz we were in love , and we thought that we will be together forever ! but we didnt see the other side of our relationship ! we just think about the present moment ! not about the real future we will have ! the future that we think about in net love or net relationships is just that we will live together forever !!

abhiknot

Post #415 January 2012, 14:36
well i will say Bad--mainly because you develop a fantasy version of this person in your mind, and can become obsessed with an unrealistic version of God knows who. People only reveal what they want to online, and who knows if its true or not. It can be fun to be flirty and suggestive, but don't let your heart get involved because it will set you up for a disappointment. Half the time in real life things aren't what they seem, and online it can be even worse.

@Ferney_Angelo Sir you got a very strong point, thanks for you views

__JAzZ__

Post #517 January 2012, 15:12
Well Online relationships are good 4 me and i even talk to that person on phone for hours and well wen trust n maturity along with sense of bonding,understanding n strong love factor comes together no 1 can stop u to be with each other and bring ur partner to a real world

pavan_naiduu

Post #625 January 2012, 06:01
online relationships are some times bad, and girls should be careful with it. they usually get trapped through online friendship by giving their details to them, which can be harmful sometimes

dont trust anyone quite easilty, their are lot of hidden things which will be revealed later when u come to face to face

Quitter

Post #727 May 2012, 15:08
I'm sick of this.. why must asking such question when you know the answer is in you. If you are not ready to have commitment then even when you are not having online relationship (the "normal" relationship) then its still useless. BUT if you really love someone and honest,loyal, trust etc then it is not a problem at all.

Quitter

Post #827 May 2012, 15:40
Online relationship doesnt mean he/she doesnt have plan to meet up plus we have so many applications that make impossible things become possible like skype or any other video calls but then again, TRUST and HONEST is the main things for any relationships so just chillax ..

ZType

Post #927 May 2012, 15:49
I met a few girls online then in person. We had a great time when we went out and some are my best friends now. I think there is nothing wrong with it. Some people do prefer the old school way. But to be at home and just chat it up for free with local girls is allot easier then sitting at a bar waiting for a girl to walk in.

__Mast3r__

Post #1030 May 2012, 03:23

Nowadays there are adverts for online dating services everywhere, but are they healthy?
Sure they can be a way to meet new people for people who don?t get out much.Here is a few things that I have been thinking about. Are they safe? How can you be sure the person you are talking to online is really who they say they are? For some people they do find the love of their life for an online dating site so their is no doubt that they do help people find genuine love.However the other side of that is the horror stories, people who pretend to be someone their not and end up destroying lives as well as breaking hearts.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 13.02.13, 08:15.

1234567>

This topic has 61 posts, spanning 7 pages.