Samsung Captivate I897Gingerbread Update

ecoemt

Post #126 July 2011, 19:28
What have you gals and guys heard?
There have been many posts... and talk about the update for our beloved Captivate I897.
I have personally read many posts.
Some have said that "YES" ALL Galaxy Series phones will have an update.
Others have stated that "YES" Galaxy II or 4G are the only ones that will have said update.
Hopefully we will see it on the First Generation of the Galaxy's

shaheerali

Post #227 July 2011, 17:57
Here is the original Press Release :

Android 2.3 Debuted in the AT&T Portfolio with HTC Status, All Post-paid Android Smartphones Released in 2011 Planned to Receive 2.3 Upgrade

DALLAS, July 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

Upgrade Details

Customers who purchased an Android smartphone from AT&T introduced in 2011 can expect to receive an update to Android 2.3. All of these devices are planned to be upgraded from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3, also referred to as Gingerbread. In addition, Samsung Captivate owners will be able to upgrade to Gingerbread.

Delivery methods will vary by device. Whenever possible, upgrades are delivered over-the-air (OTA), however in some cases the size of the file needed to install the update will require the user to connect via Wi-Fi or connect the phone to a PC to install the update. Factors such as manufacturer-defined software and other device performance improvements result in each device requiring a separate update which will vary in timing.

The AT&T smartphones planned for a Gingerbread update are:

HTC Inspire 4G
LG Phoenix
Motorola ATRIX 4G
Pantech Crossover
Samsung Captivate
Samsung Infuse 4G

Ace_615

Post #330 December 2011, 18:23
Haven't got the update so far this year... Think we'll get it sometime in 2012? Samsung Infuse 4G

This topic has 3 posts, spanning 1 page.