PC to Phone Internet. Is it Possible?

1234>

Quitter

Post #114 July 2011, 04:08
Using our mobile phone as a modem for pc is very common today but what if vice versa. Is it possible to give mobile phone an internet access(GPRS, 3G, etc.) from the computer, especially via bluetooth? I already saw a guide for Sony Ericsson P990i on how to do it but I'm using a Nokia phone.

Prasant_

Post #214 July 2011, 04:13
I think no. .

This post was written on a mobile device.

_sOUL_oF_lOVe_

Post #314 July 2011, 04:22
I think...its not possible ...

Quitter

Post #414 July 2011, 06:03
it can be possible

ammaar007

Post #514 July 2011, 06:15
ya it cant b possible

Quitter

Post #615 July 2011, 07:34
thanks everyone for the answers. but could someone explain to me why it can't be possible?

red_profile

Post #715 July 2011, 08:06
it is possible let me explain
Step 1
First create a new acces point:
Go to - Tools > Settings > Connection > Access points > Options > Create new access point
Name the access point anything you wish. In my case I called it Bluetooth, but you name it as you want since the connection name doesn't matter
Example
Connection Name > Bluetooth
Data Bearer > Packet Data
Access Point name > internet
Leave others on default then go to Options > Advanced settings.
On the proxy server address enter 127.0.0.1 and 1234 as the proxy port number. Now press back two times to exit and save the new access point.

Step 2
Installation on the phone
On the folder that you extracted watever it type jar or jad
den Copy both files to the root of your MMC or phone memory, doesn't matter how you get the files to your phone, via usb or bluetooth, is important that both files are in the same directory for proper installation.
Then using any file explorer (could even use nokia file manager) locate and run the file jad/jar

When prompted for the installation directory when you install the .jad file, select the directory where your .jad and .jar files are located.

Step 3
Configuring the server on PC
First we need to know the COM port used by your bluetooth.
step 4
now extract the attachment and seach Pihatonttu.cmd

now look for for your bluetooth serial COM port number and edit the that underlined COM7 with your COM port.(please always use port number below 10.if all your COM ports below 10 in use,try to uninstall Nokia PC suit like softwares.)

St ep5
now Pair your mobile device with bluesoleil or windows default bluetooth drivers...
Now launch the Hiisi Proxy on your Phone. It will ask you "Allow application

press ok
Select and press Bluetooth Mode then it will say "Inquiring bluetooth devices...
On the next screen you will see the btspp://..... Selection.This is the RFCOMM service and you need to select this one. (select the first and not the second)
if you got this you are in correct path...
look 3 img.bmp from desktop.rar....
Normally now you can go ahead on browsing the web now but to be sure let's go to Options > Settings. Bluetooth mode must be selected.
Bluetooth Connection > Check now must be checked.
User Agent > Select Mozilla/5.0(Symbian OS S60 Browser/Safari) then press OK

Quitter

Post #816 July 2011, 05:21
thanks ZeD I'll try this one and make sure your tutorial will not be wasted. Give me a day or two to figure this out. I have a question though, in Step 2, you said "On the folder that you extracted watever it type jar or jad", but what exactly is that folder? Do I need to download it from a site?

By the way, thanks for your help

Aqua_Manish

Post #916 July 2011, 05:58
@ZeD_LoVe_VIVEK :: I think you have missed something on step-2, what two files are you talking about. that needs to be copied to the root of MMC (*.jar/*.jad)???
From where we get these files?

Quitter

Post #1016 July 2011, 06:45

Quote of user: SHALVIN_CLT

I think...its not possible ...

Yes Its Not Possible.!

1234>

This topic has 38 posts, spanning 4 pages.