How can i convert .wav file to .mid file

h1dd3n

Post #13 December 2005, 18:48
Hey i have a ringtone which is in .wav format, i want to set it on my nokia 3220, which require .mid file ... how can i convert a .wav file to .mid file .. can any one help me .. ?

Quitter

Post #23 December 2005, 20:57

Post quote:

hey i have a ringtone which is in .wav format, i want to set it on my nokia 3220, which require .mid file ... how can i convert a .wav file to .mid file .. can any one help me .. ?

Is it just music? midi files can't have voice.....

_higher_

Post #33 December 2005, 21:22

Post quote:

hey i have a ringtone which is in .wav format, i want to set it on my nokia 3220, which require .mid file ... how can i convert a .wav file to .mid file .. can any one help me .. ?

I looked for something like that, or something to convert mp3 to midi but, I found nothing good, some programs says that they do but the result is just some random sounds. So if you found something, please share it.

h1dd3n

Post #43 December 2005, 21:24
[quote]
well it's just the music file .. the tone is basically www.mobango.com/search/0/SMS named SMS Remix, it is a ture tone.

Quitter

Post #53 December 2005, 21:38
It can't be done...easily
Best thing is to find an actual midi file you like:
www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/9903_101

h1dd3n

Post #64 December 2005, 13:22
Is there any one who can help me out .. :?

etaab

Post #74 December 2005, 15:37
To convert from one to the other, you really need a musician.

Midi files are created by people listening to a music track, and then piecing instrument sound effects together to make a tune that sounds like the real music.

You could always try creating a midi file yourself, using apps such as MidEdit.

Twinkling1

Post #87 April 2008, 11:53
I have the excately same problem with my samsung u700. Ringtones, fine, the phone accepts mp3, but not with sms tones, that require mid files. Really frustrating.

If your phone can record sounds, play the spund from your computer, the phone will often save a mid file. ;) I'm gonny try that now.

hugs

edit; 5 minutes after i found out, that the phone are saving the file as .amr file and that can't be used as sms tones. bummer.

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 07.04.08, 11:59.

suhas84

Post #914 April 2008, 15:36
try switch software, in google search NCH , and find sound converter and download it n install during installation its ask u for prism video converter to install select it and install now u can convert any media file to any media, well

if its workd reply thankj you
SUHAS JAIN

Twinkling1

Post #1030 April 2008, 12:28
As telled before in the thread, you can't convort to midi files, because midi files is more complex than most sound files.

But I did found a way out. The phone supports mmf files for sms tones, and I found a program to convert allmost all different files to mmf. wav and mp3 files included.

Google for a program to convert to mmf files (you don't have to pay for some of the programs) and then convert and put the files on your phone - then go to settings in the phone, go to the right (sms settings) and choose the right mmf file for sms tone... woila.

This topic has 10 posts, spanning 1 page.