Droid X, dead sd, new 1, can't re-dwnld

jrmkmbrown

Post #118 April 2011, 17:25
I had a couple of ringtones downloaded to my phone (Droid X) but my sd card died. I replaced the sd card but am unable to re-download the ringtones. It says that they are already downloaded, but when I try to assign them to the default ringer or the notification tone it says operation failed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the zedge app, deleted the zedge folders, cleared cache and the data to no avail. I even reset the phone back to original factory losing EVERYTHING I had set up. I still get the same error. Please advise.

fahadgsxr

Post #218 April 2011, 18:31
D**n dude that's s*****d up that you did all that and it still doesn't work. I know this may be a long shot but try this. If the app is saying that the ringtones are already downloaded but obviously they are not there, somewhere in your cache it is saved that the ringtones are there. I know you tried deleting the cache but that didn't work. Try doing this, download the ringtones that you previously had, but download them on your computer or another device and then transfer those over to your Droid X. Rename them accordingly if you have to and put them in the folder where the Zedge app can find them. Hopefully the Zedge app will recognize them for real this time and you will be able to use them.

This topic has 2 posts, spanning 1 page.