File Type Not Supported...!

JGAnideM

Post #13 January 2010, 16:41
Hi,

I have a phone called the Samsung Forever SGH-A886, very similar to the Samsung Solstice and I'm with Rogers.
My problem is that i get that message, which is the title of the post, for so many different files to use as ringtones.
I have tried .dm using sony ericcson drm packager, .wav files, .3gp files, and obviously mp3 files. They all dont work! I put them in the ringtones folder of my phone memory so that cannot be the problem. Are there any other suggestions for a rogers/samsung phone? I have been at this for two weeks already and im getting tired of seeing that message.

Thanks

angeliclucero

Post #23 January 2010, 16:56
Make sure the files are less than 300kb

bsel54

Post #311 February 2010, 14:55
I made sure that the file was less thn 300kb and did all the same steps as JGAnideM and it still won let me play it as a ring tone...can someone help with this please.

24Chevy24

Post #424 April 2010, 00:14
I am having this same problem. Filetype not suported. Please notify me if you know the answer. or how to change the filetype to samthing that Zedge with take.

dajmer79

Post #522 July 2010, 02:22
I know this is an older thread, but I'm in the same boat and am wondering if anyone has figured out a solution? It's just a shame, having all these great tones from this site and not being able to use them properly as ringtones.

The weird thing is I can set any of them as the tone for incoming text messages, so why it works for that and not the other baffles me.

GLENZWORLD

Post #615 September 2010, 05:10

Quote of user: JGAnideM

Hi,

I have a phone called the Samsung Forever SGH-A886, very similar to the Samsung Solstice and I'm with Rogers.
My problem is that i get that message, which is the title of the post, for so many different files to use as ringtones.
I have tried .dm using sony ericcson drm packager, .wav files, .3gp files, and obviously mp3 files. They all dont work! I put them in the ringtones folder of my phone memory so that cannot be the problem. Are there any other suggestions for a rogers/samsung phone? I have been at this for two weeks already and im getting tired of seeing that message.

Thanks

same here and as for the a886 on rogers I have tried almost every format and it does not work dm files are not supported this phone

I bought this phone because the main feature (to me) WAS MP3 RINGTONES

if i could find anything on this phone ie firmware and flasher that works or even someone that can debrand this.

get this phone debranded if I have to and then they can take the price off my bill or I take them to small claims. they can not tell me or you what kind of content is on MY FING HARDWARE.

ROGERS CAN BLOW ME AND WHEN I FIGURE IT OUT I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW

hack the world

Har8001

Post #721 December 2011, 10:31
how can i make the file size smaller?

This topic has 7 posts, spanning 1 page.