why everyone wants to b a siteguard?

<12345>

abhiknot

Post #2126 April 2012, 03:58
lol xD I had been a SG thrice but gave up my badge as I started finding it boring. It depends on individuals why they want to be sitegaurds, you can't really comment.

__Mast3r__

Post #2226 April 2012, 04:41
i hate this post...coz max time ppl missused it.....

_flipsyde

Post #2326 April 2012, 05:15
its like when u want u can be sg, if u got bored just leave reporting.
@master what happen how they miss.use, i would like to know ?

Quitter

Post #2426 April 2012, 05:20
Love for Zedge, personal gain , power struggle and there is misuses in everything. we ought to see the good in it

Quitter

Post #2526 April 2012, 07:19
I wouldn't want to be a siteguard because a bunch of jerks yelling at you for doing your job doesn't sound fun to me.

Also people trying to be your friend just because they think you can "do things" for them.

Also it's work I wouldn't actually be getting paid for.

Advantages though are that badge and the prestige that goes with it. Some people will let them get away with more because they have autority over them, so they won't argue.

The thing that I hate is that most of the time any criticism of the SGs is met with swift censorship, sometimes deleting (rather than locking) entire threads.

I'd honestly rather there be no SGs, but rather an automated ratings system that deletes things with enough downvotes. But it does allow people to feel like they're contributing so that's a good thing I suppose.

EDIT: I'm kind of mashing up moderators and SGs, but it's all the same to me as it involves the policing of content.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 26.04.12, 07:20.

abhiknot

Post #2626 April 2012, 07:24

Quote of user: Scary_Guy

I wouldn't want to be a siteguard because a bunch of jerks yelling at you for doing your job doesn't sound fun to me.

Also people trying to be your friend just because they think you can "do things" for them.

Also it's work I wouldn't actually be getting paid for.

Advantages though are that badge and the prestige that goes with it. Some people will let them get away with more because they have autority over them, so they won't argue.

The thing that I hate is that most of the time any criticism of the SGs is met with swift censorship, sometimes deleting (rather than locking) entire threads.

I'd honestly rather there be no SGs, but rather an automated ratings system that deletes things with enough downvotes. But it does allow people to feel like they're contributing so that's a good thing I suppose.

EDIT: I'm kind of mashing up moderators and SGs, but it's all the same to me as it involves the policing of content.

Totally agreed with your point that sometimes our posts gets deleted out of no reason even if we are fair from our point of view.

__Mast3r__

Post #2726 April 2012, 07:25

Quote of user: _Aplusk_

its like when u want u can be sg, if u got bored just leave reporting.
@master what happen how they miss.use, i would like to know ?

Its all about persional use...
Female site guard always get benefit ...
Site guard badge its all about cleaning bad stuff form zedge.....
but at the end of day this badge become wepone for you...

Quitter

Post #2827 April 2012, 18:21

Quote of user: abhiknot

Totally agreed with your point that sometimes our posts gets deleted out of no reason even if we are fair from our point of view.

Well sometimes it's unintentional. If you reply to a thread and they just delete the entire thread then your reply goes with it and it's just colateral damage.

I wouldn't mind them just locking it and throwing it into another subforum called "trash" or something so we could still read it though. Also maybe when they delete a post a PM to the poster saying why they did so would be nice.

The real problem is virtually no accountability for their (mis)actions. Although maybe there is and we just don't know about it because we're not moderators/site guards.

Geoff_999

Post #2927 April 2012, 18:31
This topic is about why people want to be siteguards, keep it that way please.

Cyclone_RG

Post #3027 April 2012, 18:51
4 times i was a Sg ... and i lost my badge everytime because i cant give much time in reporting ..

daamn it ...since i'm back now ...want to b at top-noch

<12345>

This topic has 41 posts, spanning 5 pages.