stereo bluetooth headset hunt

Midnight6

Post #110 August 2009, 12:24
Owning a Nokia 5800XM, it was only a matter of time before the included Nokia Music Headset HS-45, AD-54 became insufficient for a true music experience. Even if you put the music aside, it's rather difficult to use the darned thing while driving, as the cord's always putting the mic far away, and it restricts where you can place the phone itself.
The next logical step was to go wireless. But it seems the market's starting to get confused/saturated with bluetooth headsets. Being direct, I'm asking for opinions and suggestions.
If we stay "in brand", the BH-503 and BH-905 are the most prominent names that come up. And though the 905 sports some pretty impressive features and promises of quality, its pricetag (averaging around 300$ US from what I've seen) is kinda intimidating. But, the 503, while much more affordable, and I'll admit, much better looking (in red, heh), keeps getting complaints in reviews about the mid-range being excessive. But both offer an ease of use, good immersion, and some good control options (fixed buttons on your earpiece are easier to handle than blindly feeling and groping around for the wired headset's control unit).
Does anyone own any of these models, to give their opinions, or can recommend any other bluetooth stereo headsets? And if I may be picky, no in-ear. Only over the ear. Thanks ;)

angeliclucero

Post #211 August 2009, 10:00
Check out the Sony DR-BT50

The reviews I read were mostly very good.

Midnight6

Post #312 August 2009, 04:53
Not bad. A bit bulky, so I don't see this used in a car or walking outside, but for home use, this one seems good. A good suggestion, thanks.

Midnight6

Post #413 August 2009, 12:42
You know, Sony does seem to be releasing quite a few bluetooth headsets, most already with incorporated mic and controls. Very nice, including the DR-BT50, or the smaller DR-BT21G, and many others. This just may work out after all. Thanks angeliclucero

angeliclucero

Post #513 August 2009, 12:58
The Plantronics Pulsar 590A is another one you might want to check out.

Foxman09

Post #621 August 2009, 08:47
How about this one?

If you do not like the color and design, you can also choose other s in the site.

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 28.09.09, 06:22.

Midnight6

Post #716 October 2009, 10:53
Yikes. I'd afraid not. While an interesting effort, as far as ergonomics go that model simply won't do. That over the ear strap looks plastic, and I bet barely a swing of the head will send them flying. No offense.
Besides, by now, I'm guessing the BH-503's gotten a price drop. Either that or the market's gained a few good models of Bluetooth stereo headsets. Thanks though.

This topic has 7 posts, spanning 1 page.