message tone on LG Cookie

cexgta

Post #120 July 2009, 20:56
Hello,
I have an LG KP501 and my message tone is being played about 6 seconds and it suddenly stops. I was wondering if there is a way to play it more than a few seconds? If i unlocked will that fix it? What other advantages do i have if i unlock it?

ROMEL1984

Post #224 July 2009, 20:20
Hi bro i will try to help you. Listen try this. When you transfer music files to the fone, use LG Suite and make sure you convert them to Mp3 files. Wma files or others seem to lock the ringtone/message alert to volume setting 1. Mp3's work fine. Or you can turn up the incoming call and sms sound by clicking arrow buttons on the left side of the phone or by edditing a profile. Make sure you press save once you have changed the setting. Hope that helps.

cexgta

Post #329 July 2009, 21:23
Hey ROMEL1984, thanks for helping out! unfortunately i tried coping mp3 files on my phone using the lg suite, and it doesn't work. I recieve an sms, it plays the song for 5 or 6 seconds and then stops. Thats a bit annoying... i'll try now to unlock the phone using the manuals found on the forum. Hope that works... Thanks very much again!

Ktwins

Post #420 August 2009, 04:15
This problem, too. I trying to find other msg ringtones for my LG phone, it's so boring! May be it should have another kind of file, like i do with my O2 IIi, it can't use the mp3 file to be ringtones. So, does anyone know?

demolidorx

Post #53 October 2009, 02:49
Unfortunetely this is a "fail" to our, almost, perfect phone. The SMS tone is only 9 sec long.

This topic has 5 posts, spanning 1 page.