is math the real universal language????

<1234>

dobol_2x

Post #2120 April 2009, 09:16
yes with correlation to space, distance, travel and time yes math can be a language.. but do you think we can communicate with another foreign specie (such as aliens) using math??

just a askin.??

Steven_90

Post #2220 April 2009, 09:19
hey hey i didn't degrade da maths was sayin i didn't like it dat all. sheeez teachers, just messin with ya.

Quitter

Post #2320 April 2009, 09:36
Mathematics is a universal language.**(only for HUMANS)**
It is random numbers and equations slapped together until they get an answer that they want.
UFO?s or ET?s will us the own mean of ?maths? or calculations? to get
If 99.9999999% of HUMANS cant even fully understand our maths how are they going to understand it.

Still once again? if they are so smart? were are their cloths.

Steven_90

Post #2420 April 2009, 09:39
ya true wat marvel says where there clothes, if they so smart shouldn't they be able ta dress themselves, unless they nudeists.

Bastonivo

Post #2521 April 2009, 23:59
Althought a lot of humans can't even fully understand maths, it is not a reason to not consider maths a Universal Language.

The maths it's the best aproximation to physical reality. Almost all naturals phenomenons can be expressed mathematically. And if you want to learn it, you dont need a native who can explain you what mean each symbol.

Because it is written in the own nature of Universe, it can be decoded by means of use of Reason only.

If intelligents aliens exist in other places, hypothetically, they can decode this "Universal Language" like we were able (and can) do it.

But the problem is not if Maths is the "Universal Language". The problem is "How to use the maths to send a logic understandable message, and it doesn't seem aleatory numbers only "

(Sorry for my bad English)

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 22.04.09, 00:00.

Quitter

Post #2613 June 2009, 20:50
I think that you are wrong mr2_3stge (26th March 2009). How Long Is A Piece Of String???

It's the same distance from the middle to either end!!!

As far as mathematics being the universal language, YES, I believe it is! If you look at everything around you closely enough, you'd find that there is some form of mathematics involved in the make-up! Physics is dependant on mathematics at some level, as are chemistry, and biology. This being the case, it can only be the basis of communication.

Just think about your computer. It's basic function is mathematical. It is a form of communicating! Telephones use the same basics, as does radio, and other devises used to communicate with!

So, I believe that mathematics is the basis of ALL communication!!!

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 13.06.09, 20:51.

Quitter

Post #2713 June 2009, 20:54
i greatly support your views mr. danny,but maths has just facilitated communication,not developed it.its human mind only that's behind it.

Quitter

Post #2813 June 2009, 21:11
I don't think you understood what I wrote properly. Mathematics is the basis for the make up of all things. Therefore, it is fair to say that it hasn't just facilitated communication.

Quote of user: Coverdale_era

i greatly support your views mr. danny,but maths has just facilitated communication,not developed it.its human mind only that's behind it.

Sound is a frequency based on mathematics. If you take that in to account, you can then find ways, using mathematics, to further communication, and enhance, or translate it!

Your mobile phone uses mathematics to send the signal, show the time on the screen, even type a text message!

Yes the human mind has developed ways of communicating clearer, quicker, and more efficiently. But even our brains use mathematics for communcating with each other!

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 13.06.09, 21:14.

Quitter

Post #2913 June 2009, 21:17
you are right too.i was just little bit apprehensive that maths a sole reason in communicating. also infact that communication not involves maths, emotions also and they can't quantified that is expreesed in terms of mathematics. you love someone,can taht be expressed in mathematical nos.,not at allllllllllllllllllllllll

Quitter

Post #3013 June 2009, 21:24

Quote of user: Coverdale_era

you are right too.i was just little bit apprehensive that maths a sole reason in communicating. also infact that communication not involves maths, emotions also and they can't quantified that is expreesed in terms of mathematics. you love someone,can taht be expressed in mathematical nos.,not at allllllllllllllllllllllll

I understand what you're saying. That's a totally different subject to talk about when it comes to loving someone, and I defy ANYONE to give a DEFINITE answer for that one!!!

Why don't you post it in the forum-"What Is Love?" I'll let you take that one as it's most definitely beyond me to work out!

<1234>

This topic has 38 posts, spanning 4 pages.