LG CU920 apps and themes

steve0bro420

Post #120 January 2009, 02:35
add what ever u have i have nothen and i want something for this phone my post is

I believe this should be stickied somewhere as the information is not readily available anywhere in the net.

HOW TO ACCESS BITPIM WITH THE LG VU (cu920)
(assuming you've already downloaded bitpim)

The problem with using bitpim with the cu920 is finding the driver information (considering ATT isn't nice enough to send you a packaged CD with the phone...I'm not even sure they make PC SUITE for the cu920) so the first step is to download the driver for the phone.

www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/solutions/wireless-laptop/software.jsp

(CAUTION: DO NOT CLICK "CONNECT" with the phone connected once you open the program unless you feel like using your data...The purpose of the program is to use your phone as a modem. It will not connect by itself, so just make sure YOU don't click it.)

1. Dowload AT&T COMMUNICATION MANAGER
2. Go to phone settings and change USB connection to "DATA SERVICE"
3. Using USB DATA CABLE, plug phone into computer
4. The communication manager should automatically download the driver for the cu920. CLOSE AT&T COMMUNICATION MANAGER and open BITPIM (they cannot be used at the same time because they use the same port)
5. In BITPIM go to DETECT PHONE(it should come up as "found other cdma phone"
6. Go to EDIT...SETTINGS...change phone to LGVX8700 and hit OK
7. Go to VIEW...VIEW FILESYSTEM
8. It should come up with 1 folder and the option to open. Open the folder and wait 1-3 minutes for the files to load (depending on how many additional files you have added to the phone)

Anyone that is willing to mess with the files should be willing to take the time to back up the entire phone. Enjoy doing whatever it is you do with the files...for me it was adding message tones because the stock tones were pretty darn fruity (i honestly don't think there is another word to describe them Tongue)

(extra thank you to teky0101 for finding a way to install the driver)

and the bitpim download site is www.bitpim.org/

scootercuder

Post #229 April 2009, 02:20

essameldean

Post #313 July 2009, 04:34
can some one plzz hellp me the bitpim is telling me ((no phone detected recognized run settings? ))what do i do ?

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 13.07.09, 16:28.

eileen0

Post #48 September 2009, 02:39
hi i have an lg vu cu920 and there is no themes to download in this website y is that

mosesann8

Post #519 May 2010, 08:37
yah me too..why is that??

This topic has 5 posts, spanning 1 page.