why do love fade

<12345678>

angeliclucero

Post #1123 March 2009, 13:05
Love fades or dies due to indifference. Indifference sets in when one or both people in a relationship fail to realize that love requires effort. Love has to be nurtured. Once two people have been together for a certain length of time it is easy to take love for granted. The next thing you know it's gone..

mr2_3sgte

Post #1224 March 2009, 02:23

Quote of user: angeliclucero

Love fades or dies due to indifference. Indifference sets in when one or both people in a relationship fail to realize that love requires effort. Love has to be nurtured. Once two people have been together for a certain length of time it is easy to take love for granted. The next thing you know it's gone..

What you explained there is infatuation not love. As, if you love someone, you fall in love with there indifferences to you-you love them for who they are. Realising one is different and you don't like them is not love. Love has no boundaries, even time itself. It more has to do, with knowing your partner. Companionship and trust.

1i1sam

Post #1324 March 2009, 23:43
it fades cus u make it fade , ones u have ur eye cought by someone,and this someone hapens to be the person u wer waiting for , and you start to love him/her , the love will never fade , till u think u found something/someone better,s****r,smarter,funnyer,ext,ext,ext, ur love will fade,cus wen ur in the road of love,u shuld be like trained horse,wen a horse is well traind and it is ready to be used for a Carriage,hi is coverd in the said of his eyes so that he can only see upfront,not to the left,not to the right,upfront,in the love road its like that,never mind the things that are on ur saids,just what is in front of you,and that wuld be ur true love , and that never fades

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 24.03.09, 23:43.

Quitter

Post #1425 March 2009, 03:25
Love fades with lack of comunication. It's not just about the looks and the feelings, it's more of the things that you talk about. Always opening up to the other and tell stories of what you did the whole day and your recent favorites and stuff you would like to try next. It's about knowing what interests your partner. Without these love will sure
fade big time.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 25.03.09, 03:27.

Midnight6

Post #1527 March 2009, 10:27
There are far too many notions from various media that can cloud one's perception of love. And while a tad crude, there's one example I constantly use, since I lived it. This was shortly after the release of Titanic. In the middle of the movie theater, I lost count of now many times people sighed as if saying "that's true love". I was immediately reminded of something a friend said on that same issue, and I quote: "True love is when your husband still turns away from you when he farts in bed". Yup, crude, but it sure got the point across didn't it? The look I got when I voiced said memory was priceless. But really, my main goal wasn't to ruin another's movie experience. The main point was to pass the notion that love, is in fact something to be seen with a great dose of realism.
That rush, that spark you get when you start having feelings for someone, that's not love. Or, at least, not yet. It has the potential to be so, but not yet. That's an attraction. And I honestly think that confusion the two notions is what makes people think love fades. An attraction can either mature into love, or dwindle out. Love, true love, lasts. For a lifetime. Sometimes more.
I think I can cap this post off with a story I was e-mailed once. Supposedly by a doctor who was on duty one morning.

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.
I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.
While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.
The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.
He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.
As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.
He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.
I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'
He smiled as he patted my hand and said,
'She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.'
I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,
'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'
True love is neither physical, nor romantic.
True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have.
'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how to dance in the rain.'

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 27.03.09, 10:28.

kenhypno

Post #164 May 2009, 21:17
The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.i guess it too like everything goes where it came from the creator himself.

Quitter

Post #178 May 2009, 21:24
True love never fades away

In time, it takes all shapes and colours , but deep within, it's still love

And with this , there are more than 25 words

kenhypno

Post #188 May 2009, 22:15
"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you.All you can do is be someone who can be loved.The rest is up to them."

Quitter

Post #1910 May 2009, 13:13
love can never fade. for as long as you want it not to fade. it will juz fade only if you want to. we don't blame others or circumstances. we only have ourselves to blame. coz when two ppl fell in love, it must be something for real. if it fails, you both allowed it to fail.

isH_ihaRa

Post #2015 May 2009, 08:14
true love can never fade
but if it does
then it's not a true love
so,let it go
as long as u know how to love
u can survive
just save yr love 4 someone who gonna love u truly

<12345678>

This topic has 74 posts, spanning 8 pages.