Ringtones and Iphone 3G

12>

REAVES205

Post #19 September 2008, 09:07
I downloaded the ringtone, sent it as an sms. It plays but I can't figure out how to apply it as a ringtone. The only place I find the sms is by clicking the sms icon, then opening it, playing it, but no options to apply it.. Can anyone tell me how to do this.. Thanks, Randy

wasi3

Post #29 September 2008, 09:13
instead of sms.. try to download it from the computer using ur data cable.. thn hope u would get an idea and an answer for ur doubt!!!

REAVES205

Post #39 September 2008, 10:02
When I download it to my computer how do I get it to the phone. This iphone uses iTunes to sync. Its not like my Nokia, its easy to transfer to phone but this iphone is a bit different. The guy with Iphone customer ser. told me the only way to get a ringtone was to buy it thru iTunes..then sync it thru itunes but I was hoping there was another way....

wasi3

Post #49 September 2008, 10:06
thn try it with itunes.. a better way... connect ya mobile to system n surf thru ur itunes.. u 'll get it as ringtone in ur iphone... dats the way..

REAVES205

Post #59 September 2008, 15:34
I can get it (the ringtone)in iTunes but it always shows as a song, and its always in my song library. There just are no options to move it to the sounds file on the iPhone only the music file. I can play it, like listening to my music but its 10 seconds long and still no options to get it to anywhere else. I just talked to the iPhone tec support and she said that in order to make it as a ringtone it must be purchased from iTunes...so much for that...................

25redskin

Post #612 September 2008, 16:09
wasi3,... its not as easy a wad you instructed to do it at iTune. iPhone is not lyk any other phone where you can receive mp3, amr or polyphonic to use as a ringtone. the only way to create a ringtone, you have to purchase a song or any sound in the iTune store, then you can use its encrypt app provided in the store to snap parts of the song (if you like). Then only you can drag this into the ringtone folder in the iTune before you can sync it to the iPhone. Unless you are smart to get this encrypt app from the iTune and find out what is the sound extension can be use as ringtone for the iPhone.
Or can you elaborate more on the steps or wad app u use? or maybe you have try it yourself on your iPhone? if you succeed it, perhaps you like to share it with us?

DJDIMPLES

Post #712 September 2008, 19:10
GO TO MYXER.COM its free and you don't have a problem with the iphone

25redskin

Post #812 September 2008, 23:15
Try this thread: www.zedge.net/forum/t/52351/iphone-ringtone-downloads/1/
Follow post # 3. You can customise your own ringtone from any songs you like.

-i juz try it and it works, The main point is to convert to AAC extension.
--> change your ,m4a to .m4r extension ( you will see the folder change from MPEG to RING)
-* This is important, remove the AAC file from your iTune Music Library and when your machine prompt, choose KEEP FILE
-Open up your AAC file and drag to your iTune folder, n it will auto go to Ringtone folder in your iTune,
-Then you can sync it from your Ringtone folder in your iPhone.

klinthicum

Post #914 September 2008, 17:06
Hey man....try iringer.net

I had the same problem and found this free program that converts to AAC for you and places the tone in the correct folder and everything. All you have to do is synch the phone. WORKS GREAT! I converted all 140+ ringtones I had from my blackberry Curve to my new iPhone.....

25redskin

Post #1019 September 2008, 02:38

Quote of user: klinthicum

Hey man....try iringer.net

I had the same problem and found this free program that converts to AAC for you and places the tone in the correct folder and everything. All you have to do is synch the phone. WORKS GREAT! I converted all 140+ ringtones I had from my blackberry Curve to my new iPhone.....

Hi bro,
iringer work for PC user, but not for Mac. So Mac user have to deal with the mentioned step.

12>

This topic has 15 posts, spanning 2 pages.