Syncing iTunes with iPhone

trekker57

Post #12 August 2008, 15:12
Ringtones are in the 'Music' folder under Library on iTunes. I converted them to AAV in the same folder. They will not transfer to the 'Ringtones' folder under Library.

Please advise and thanks,
H

HOTTIEnAUSTIN

Post #23 August 2008, 04:13
You need to download iringer to your computer. It will then take ringtones and thru i-tunes put into ringtones. Once there, you can sync phone with itunes and they will show up!

trekker57

Post #33 August 2008, 13:16
Thanks Hottie for your help. I notice it is for Windows, do you know one for the Mac?

rickdees67

Post #44 August 2008, 06:41
Heh yes thanks for iringer i converted it for iphone, says it was synced with my iphone but i am unable to find it.

Thanks
rickdees

I found them under ipod do u know how i can add them to iphone in sounds

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 04.08.08, 07:04.

burrelli

Post #512 August 2008, 03:43
If it was successfully sync with your iPhone, then they will appear in (your iPhone) under setting-sounds-ringtone... Scroll up to the top and they should be under 'custom'. If you are trying to find them on your PC, iRinger creates the m4r files in a folder called ?iPhone ringtones? in your 'my desktop' folder, otherwise you can specify where they are saved.

LordOfDaFlies

Post #612 August 2008, 21:33

Quote of user: trekker57

Ringtones are in the 'Music' folder under Library on iTunes. I converted them to AAV in the same folder. They will not transfer to the 'Ringtones' folder under Library.

Please advise and thanks,
H

ur half way there
right click on the aac file and click on show in window

change the aav extension from m4a to m4r and add it to itunes and ur done

or use for free "iringer"download it,does all the work for u

www.iringer.net/

rickdees67

Post #713 August 2008, 03:27
Yes thanks for that, i did use iringer works great but when it loads it to itunes it freezes and in the library it shows ringtones but thats where it freezes. I aslo have trouble closing the itunes too i have to press control,alt,delete to close it i have re installed it come up with the same problem.

LordOfDaFlies

Post #813 August 2008, 10:44
re install itunes 7.7

rickdees67

Post #913 August 2008, 23:03
Man does itunes s**k, as i said before i reinstalled it and i get the same result when i close it, it freezes and its not responding. I have no custom ringtones on my iphone 3g, so many thanks for your imput will keep trying it aint gonna beat an Aussie.

rickdees67

Post #1014 August 2008, 14:21
Nah all is ok i got it working and sych is good to
Cheers for ya help

This topic has 10 posts, spanning 1 page.