are people turning away from religion

1234567>

daking1992

Post #128 July 2008, 02:11
hi people,this is simple........just says if u feel the world(the people) are turning away from religion and why??

08Aries

Post #228 July 2008, 02:30
Yeah I thing so due to the youth of society are straying away from their culture and heritage. I thing this is mostly due to the high rise of a copy-cating thread in the west, most of the youths are copying what they see in western television. I not saying watching television is bad you can keep yourself update with the new or latest electronic, wear and so on. But as young adults they suppose to recognize good from bad and also the parents have to be blamed for not correcting their offspring.

Eda_Irmak

Post #34 August 2008, 13:46
Quite to the contrary! It is a loud minority which is portrayed in the media which leads many to believe religion is being shunned. What is more entertaining & a true rating winner for the television stations is the daily affairs of so & so, he was intoxicated & drove his car into a little old lady, she was a l*****n now is straight but has decided she is a l*****n but wants to have a baby with a man, the man who gave birth etc etc!
Could you imagine a story in the media about the 3 youths who set up a religious group & now have 500 members? *yawn* how boring right?
Religion is growing rapidly each day. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and who knew about scientology (if it really is a religion is debatable, a philosophical group perhaps, religion...hardly) 5 years ago?

The other factor we must take into consideration is the community we live it.
What an impact it can have on what we perceive is happening (denouncing or embracing religion) because of what we are exposed to in regards to daily activities of others in the community.

Overall, tho' a minority may deny what is obvious, people are embracing religion in startling numbers.

For the record, i am a proud,practicing Muslim

This post was written on a mobile device.

Quitter

Post #45 August 2008, 09:54
ironically, yes. religion is meant to be the common base to unite people but, it is the one creating barriers. religion is supposed to suit the culture, lifestyle of people not to be forced upon or be converted into! there are inter/ intra religious fights, be it cold war or the literal physical fights. this is so depressing!

for_bid

Post #57 August 2008, 15:11
<snipped - Lucero>
English only in the forums!

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 07.08.08, 18:16.

_shahahah_

Post #67 August 2008, 15:16
yes. why?
hmmm...i dunno abt other ppl. for me...its kinda like useless ya noe. i dont get anything from it. no rewards. only moments of peace and a divine feeling and then life brings in the same s**t everytime.
dont need religion to hv faith in things. may sound shallow.
tho i still celebrate the festive season

for_bid

Post #77 August 2008, 15:25
<snipped - Lucero>

English only in the forums!

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 07.08.08, 16:39.

Retorikpu

Post #89 August 2008, 13:42
the only "deity" left in the world today is (sadly) MONEY...Because many stupid people believe that you can buy happines...you can buy yourself a really convincing illusion, but you can never feel the real thing...Do I believe in God?While it may be true that I am a christiam, or at least I declare myself as a christian, I dont know if there really is a good...It only takes a glimpse at everydays newspaper to turn a true believer into an atheist...

Quitter

Post #99 August 2008, 16:00
ya its right.People turning away from religion.and the reason is the differneces among the religion tat are giving more values than the similarities among them...when the similarities are put forward then their will be NO hateness on the religious basis...they will be happy to get together and pray..they will find peace in religion...

and the other reason tat contributed in turning people away form religion is the less practical application of religon in life.... most religon concepts are seems to be unrealistic to todays experimental and Evidence wanted youth.... the want paractically be easily adoptable and absorbing to the mind...

Killars

Post #1011 August 2008, 06:28
I believe that the young people of today have turned there back on religion, but it isn't all there fault. Religious values need to be instilled into children as they grow up. That "job" is a parent?s responsibility but with the social/economic chaos that is the life of most middle/lower class families these days, religion is overlooked. If they are not aware of the importance of God and religion, then it comes as no surprise that they have been led astray. I can't tell you how many "Jews" I know who claim to be religious but can't tell me why they celebrate Yom Kippur (hope I spelled it right,) or how many "Christians" I know who aren't even sure what denomination they supposedly believe in or the reason for Easter. That doesn't include the many people who simply have no faith.

I've been told (and have read) that some have gone astray because religion creates barriers. Just because people claim that religion segregates people, doesn't make it true. The message of most faiths is the same and it's simple. Be good. Religion is a unifying entity. It's man that chooses to focus on the differences between the faiths and twists those differences into something to fear or hate. It's man that creates barriers not religion.

I have also heard that people have abandoned religion (and God) because he allows terrible things to happen. Man has been given the gift of free will and all God has asked is that we use it wisely. That we honor Him for the gift He's given us. That we be good. People say that if there is a God, why does He let people suffer, but the true question we should be asking is why do we let them suffer? Many of these terrible situations are man's fault. Man makes man suffer, and man lets man suffer, so do not blame God for what we brought upon ourselves. You can not and should not expect the aid of someone whom you have shun and ignored when that someone needed aid himself. You can not ignore and disgrace God and then expect Him to come to your aid. Free will means it's our choice. We control the outcome. We can't expect God to clean up our messes. We have to take responsibility for our actions and be prepared to face the consequences of those actions. Without consequences, there is no way to know what is wrong and what is right, what is bad and what is good. People who blame God for the daily suffering of man are blind to the truth. It's not His fault, it's ours and it's not His job to fix it, it's ours.

We seek to act with no responsibility as to the outcome because if God didn't want it to happen, He would stop it. But that isn't how free will works. We choose. We can choose to disgrace God and the gift He's given us or to honor Him. To be good. It's our choice. It's your choice.

1234567>

This topic has 64 posts, spanning 7 pages.