Install P2K for use with Motorola phones

123>

Quitter

Post #118 February 2008, 08:06
step-by-step guide with photos on how to install P2K Commander (P2KCommander.exe) for any Motorola phone on your personal desktop or laptop computer (PC) with a USB cable. This example uses the Motorola V3:

Here is the step-by-step guide with installation pictures on how configure and install the P2K Commander software on your computer. In this case, the USB charger driver was already installed. (click on pictures for larger images):

1. There are two computer system requirements in order to make this work. The first is that you must have a USB 2.0 cable port available on your computer, which is common on most in-use PCs. The second is that you must have a USB 2.0 compatible cable with mini-USB that connects your computer to your RAZR phone.

2. Update: New version of P2K Commander is available, full list is here. Download the driver. Visit the OSNN.net forum under Hardware Support > Portable Devices > Motorola RAZR General Questions Thread - Read before you post. You need to locate a file called PK.zip
3. Unzip the file to the directory of choice. For this step-by-step manual, I extracted the files into the directory C:\Program Files\p2k

4. Plug the USB cable into your computer and phone.

5. Browse to the C:\Program Files\p2k directory and click on the P2kCommander.exe with the star icon next to it.

6. As the program starts up you will receive the default message that states all of your Motorola files will be located in the '/a' partition. This is a startup switch that can be modified.

7. Choose the drop-down on the right and select the 'P2k Mobile phone' with the star icon next to it.

8. As the software tries to access your phone, you will notice the 'Found New Hardware' bubble appear in your taskbar.

9. The Windows 'Found New Hardware Wizard' will begin for you Motorla RAZR phone. Select the 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' radio button and click 'Next'

10. Choose the 'Search for the best driver in these locations' radio button and check only the 'Include this location in the search' checkbox. Enter 'C:\Program Files\p2k\p2kdrivers_2.8' into the text box or 'Browse' to it and click 'Next'.

11. The Found New Hardware Wizard will search for the Motorola Accessory driver

12. The Found New Hardware Wizard will install the 'Accessories Interface' driver.

13. Click 'Finish' to complete the installation of the 'Accessories Interface' driver

14. Your computer will immediately find another hardware device to install and start the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' for the Data Logging MCU Interface. Select the 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' radio button and click 'Next'.

15. Choose the 'Search for the best driver in these locations' radio button and check only the 'Include this location in the search' checkbox. Enter 'C:\Program Files\p2k\p2kdrivers_2.8' into the text box or 'Browse' to it and click 'Next'.

16. The Found New Hardware Wizard will install the 'Data Logging MCU Interface' driver.
17. Click 'Finish' to complete the installation of the 'Data Logging MCU Interface' driver.

19. Choose the 'Search for the best driver in these locations' radio button and check only the 'Include this location in the search' checkbox. Enter 'C:\Program Files\p2k\p2kdrivers_2.8' into the text box or 'Browse' to it and click 'Next'.
20. The Found New Hardware Wizard will install the 'Test Command Interface' driver.

21. Click 'Finish' to complete the installation of the 'Test Command Interface' driver.
22. A bubble will appear in your taskbar from 'Found New Hardware' that 'Your new hardware is installed and ready to use.'

23. Go back to your already opened P2k Commander software and select the 'P2k Mobile phone' with the star icon. After approximately 15 seconds, the P2k Commander software will scan your Motorola RAZR V3 phone and you should now be able to access, backup, or modify the files in the phone.

hope it helps

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 20.02.08, 14:21.

idzkandar

Post #219 February 2008, 08:20
thanks for sharing mates

Quitter

Post #319 February 2008, 10:22
no problem i try my best

RAZRV9

Post #419 February 2008, 23:47
Good job Mate with the guide, Mods i think this guide should be a sticky it whould help out the new members alot

Quitter

Post #520 February 2008, 14:19
its been a sticky since he posted it

a8eedd30d1b2db

Post #627 February 2008, 16:31
The whole installing p2k drivers problem can be easily solved with the Motorola USB Driver released by motorola.It does everything automatically.No need to point windows to any location.Driver installation is now really simple and fast

Motorola USB Driver v3.3.0 for Windows (32-bit)
perisdr.googlepages.com/USBDriverwin-32bitv3.3.0.zip

or

Motorola USB Driver v3.3.0 for Windows (64-bit)
perisdr.googlepages.com/USBDriverwin-64bitv3.3.0.zip

idzkandar

Post #728 February 2008, 07:25
the tutorial should be more easier to the newbie like me...
gracias

Franz2006

Post #823 March 2008, 01:30
- HI, someone can say me if the P2K can use with Bluetooth? I don't have cable USB. exist some form de use way Bluetooth for input file jar? for games.

- Existe alguna forma de usar El sistema Bluetooth para ingresar juegos con archivos jar? thx

Quitter

Post #923 March 2008, 08:04
no u cant u must have the data cable

Quitter

Post #1023 March 2008, 08:13

Quote of user: Franz2006

- HI, someone can say me if the P2K can use with Bluetooth? I don't have cable USB. exist some form de use way Bluetooth for input file jar? for games.

- Existe alguna forma de usar El sistema Bluetooth para ingresar juegos con archivos jar? thx

data cable is needed for this stuff man

123>

This topic has 26 posts, spanning 3 pages.