Joined: 11 Oct 05
[For Nokia Series 60 3rd Edition devices]
When you can't find the themes you want to uninstall in Application Manager, try this helpful solution provided by alien_being.
Quote of user: alien_beingi've seen issues with removing themes on some symbian series 60 v3 devices, so here's what you do to remove the theme. bit round-about, but it's your best best.
here's what you do...
1) simply plug in your phone to your pc/mac and switch to the mass storage mode or use a card reader that allows you to browse thru your memory card...whatever ur comfortable with
2) now, open up the memory card as located under windows explorer/ my computer/ finder and browse to \private\10207114\import
3) browse through the folders shown in this directory and you will be able to remove any theme of your choice. you will notice each folder will have an MBM, MIF, and SKN file. ideally, each of these files should be named after the theme so if you want to remove "A theme", look for A Theme.mbm, A theme.mif and A Theme.skn. sometimes, these names aren't present, i'll tell you what to do then in just a moment.
4) like i said, sometimes the name isn't mentioned, i.e, you may see some MBM/MIF/SKN files named simply “themepackage.mbm” etc. In this case, simply open the SKN file in Notepad and you will see the actual theme name in the first few lines of text.
5) once you’ve found the folder containing the theme files you’d like to remove, simply delete the contents of the folder (don’t delete the folder itself!!!!!)
that's it, now disconnect the phone or insert the memory card back into the phone and the theme will be gone!
Joined: 13 Aug 07
Well.... it will sure take a lot of trouble deleting themes from S60 3rd edition... I guess i must continue installing themes through "Phone Memory" itself which is much more easier to remove... because a theme file is not as big as a video file or a song file.. and also i'm wondering how many themes would u install on ur phone where else u only use ur favourite theme all the time... Well that is juz my opinion.. its all up to individual..
Joined: 13 Dec 07
I look in the private folder, and look through the sub folders...
All i see is themepackage.skn
I open it in notepade
Not one name of a theme
This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 03.01.08, 23:50.
Joined: 9 Dec 07
It says, cannot delete: the disk is write-protected...remove the write-protection or use another disk.... so , what shall i do? it is very irritating to use this kind of device....
This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 11.01.08, 16:42.
Joined: 9 Dec 07
Hmm....i notice that...but we can have a lot of favourite themes which we can change anytime we want..well, we can have better mood of the day...the main thing is, this kind of device is so much irritating...hate it....but love it...
Joined: 9 Jan 08
if you still have the file in your file manager just re install it..i mean the theme you would like to delete...it will overwrite the former theme in your cel..once youve reinstall it go to app manager and there you can delete it now..
Joined: 9 Jan 08
by the way..im speaking about deleting themes in nokia N95 8gb..
Joined: 13 Oct 04
try this out: u can remove the themes from the "application manager" in the "installations"
Joined: 6 Oct 06
you find any theme in app manager but with other name ;) !
Joined: 3 Feb 08
that's actually my problem. i installed 3 themes. and now, i can't see those themes in app manager. i want to delete those themes. anyway, thanks for those infos. i'll try one of them if i have a time..
This topic has 70 posts, spanning 7 pages.