Censorship by ZEDGE?

123>

_carl_

Post #119 November 2007, 08:30
Sometimes I cannnot understand why wallpapers were deleted by ZEDGE....
For example: you deleted a WP from me yesterday that was uploaded nearly one year ago! It was the most downloaded WP in the 'Babes'-section!
Why you are deleting it NOW? (And please don't refer me to your ZEDGE-standards! I know them and this pic WAS correct !!!)
But not only with this pic! Sometimes you deleting a wallpaper and when I upload it again (with the same tags, etc.) it stays online!

Sometimes it looks for me that ZEDGE delete some pics only because the moderator (or whoever) doesn't like them!

Other example: I uploaded some Bush-Critical WPs in the Humour-section. They were all deleted! Only by contacting you and ask for it, they stay uploaded!!

If you have to delete a pic than please tell us the reason for it and not only 'some possible reasons' as you say in the mails!

Thank you!

tagman

Post #219 November 2007, 14:01

Quote of user: _carl_

Sometimes I cannot understand why wallpapers were deleted by ZEDGE....
For example: you deleted a WP from me yesterday that was uploaded nearly one year ago! It was the most downloaded WP in the 'Babes'-section!

We don't see or remember all the wallpapers on the site so what could have happened is that this wallpaper was reported by somebody - then we became aware of it. Remember that we have over a million uploads on the site and it's hard to keep track of everything

Why you are deleting it NOW? (And please don't refer me to your ZEDGE-standards! I know them and this pic WAS correct !!!)
But not only with this pic! Sometimes you deleting a wallpaper and when I upload it again (with the same tags, etc.) it stays online!

We are many admins and moderators, and we are only humans having different background, judgement, opinions etc. It's impossible to avoid this even though we have good internal guidelines

Sometimes it looks for me that ZEDGE delete some pics only because the moderator (or whoever) doesn't like them!

That could happen as well of course, but I can ensure you that everybody work to make this site better. Sometimes we do mistakes but in most cases we do a good job - a very important job.

Other example: I uploaded some Bush-Critical WPs in the Humour-section. They were all deleted! Only by contacting you and ask for it, they stay uploaded!!

And?

If you have to delete a pic than please tell us the reason for it and not only 'some possible reasons' as you say in the mails!

Please understand that we delete thousands of uploads every day and that we don't have the capacity to do this. I'm sure you understand.

Thank you!

You're welcome

_carl_

Post #320 November 2007, 07:50

Quote of user: tagman

And?

And? It looks like that it is disposal! It doesn't matter if we paid attention to the ZEDGE-guidlines!
If ZEDGE (or a moderator) don't like the content of a pic (and I don't mean the quality or something that is against the standards) it will removed also! And that's not OK!
That's what I mean with 'censorship'!

tagman

Post #420 November 2007, 09:46

We don't see or remember all the wallpapers on the site so what could have happened is that this wallpaper was reported by somebody - then we became aware of it. Remember that we have over a million uploads on the site and it's hard to keep track of everything

We are many admins and moderators, and we are only humans having different background, judgement, opinions etc. It's impossible to avoid this even though we have good internal guidelines

That could happen as well of course, but I can ensure you that everybody work to make this site better. Sometimes we do mistakes but in most cases we do a good job - a very important job.

And?

Please understand that we delete thousands of uploads every day and that we don't have the capacity to do this. I'm sure you understand.

Thank you!

You're welcome

That would never happen. We are totally neutral unless it's discriminating or if it's against the law etc.

I can guarantee you that it wasn't removed because it was criticizing Bush..

SirLos421

Post #56 December 2007, 06:50
I have to say that it does bug me that I get Wp Deleted some have been there for a while also and some don't. But they get good downloads. We should know why or better yet if it is someone who does not like it don't look. I put WP on Babes and what I put up is not wrong... Zedge should delete and tell us not jealous Zedgers and Haters.!!!!

riempies

Post #66 December 2007, 15:11
I have to agree with my fellow Zedgers here. For no reason (according to the nudity policy), I had between 30 and 40 themes deleted from the Babes section. Some of them were so innocent that I would show them to my grandmother...(God rest her soul)...having said that :
1. Why do we have a Babe section?
2. Is it that admins delete anything that is reported without evaluating properly?
3. What are people that are offended by bikinis or tasteful babe pictures doing in the Babe category in the first place? (why can't there be a warning prompt before entering the Babe Section?)

I do believe that our admins have a busy time sorting out this, but for goodness sake : Babe Category means Babe Category ... (I FULLY agree that p**n or blatant nudity should be deleted)

The last thing, when I check my download counters, the Babe themes that I post receive the most downloads (on average) by far. If it is so popular, why keep deleting them?

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 06.12.07, 15:15.

_carl_

Post #77 December 2007, 08:06
@riempies
yeah! you are totally right!!!

perhaps I should call this topic "mysterious deleting by ZEDGE" and not "censorship by ZEDGE"...

they now deleted some of my WPs in the babe-section that are uploaded one year ago!!! and they are some of my most downloaded WPs!! (and they are defenitly NO p**n!!!)

good questions: "Why do we have a Babe section?"
"If it is so popular, why keep deleting them?"

it begins to make no fun to upload pics on ZEDGE...

riempies

Post #87 December 2007, 11:48
@carl

Funny thing is : The same happened to me a few hours ago ... 11 WP's deleted that has been there for months ...

First we get encouraged to upload ... then we get discouraged by your quote : "mysterious deleting by Zedge".

Maybe there should be 3 Babe Sections : 1 = Babes that will be deleted in a few hours time. 2 = Babes that will be deleted because Admin hate you and your guts. 3 = Babes for Nuns.

I know it sounds sarcastic, but from what I see, NOTHING I post under Babe Section will stay ....and AGAIN : They are the most popular!

Having uploaded more than 1139 items, I would consider myself as a dedicated Uploader. If I'm uploading crap ... please tell me. But by the looks of being 36 all time popular downloads, I guess it is NOT crap....

Can someone post me some Prozac pleeeeeezzz ....

Quitter

Post #97 December 2007, 12:12

Thank you!

You're welcome

Dear Admin

I understand that it’s impossible to give an individual explanation for each deletion but would it not be possible to have a few of these “generic’ e-mails instead of one? Just for the most common reasons like: “Copyrighted material” & “Incorrect naming/tagging” & “Reported rip/copy” & “Offensive material” and so on… if the deletion does not fall into 1 of those few common reason then the “standard generic” mail can be send.

If that’s not possible can you please give us a little more detail on the process that you follow for deleting uploads so we can better understand why 1 person would suddenly have many items deleted.
What I mean is – do you take a specific category at one time or a specific zedger or a specific time period?
Do you go through all the uploads 1 by 1 or do you only delete items reported by other zedgers? I hope you understand what I’m asking.

If the reason for deleting the wp’s in the babe section is indeed the “adult” nature of the pics as the people above are asking then perhaps there is a need for a different section. Perhaps in the future there can be a “Zedge Adult” section. Well maybe “adult” is the wrong word … something like “Zedge Naughty” maybe. A section were people will be warned about the content before they enter the site. Same rules as now (no nudity and so on) but were people will have the option to return to the main site if they don’t want to access items of a possibly “offensive” nature. That also goes for items with possible offensive words like the F word (wp’s & ringtones). I know that’s easier said than done, but perhaps something worth considering for the future!

tagman

Post #107 December 2007, 12:21
We're working on several things to improve. It's all I can say really.

123>

This topic has 26 posts, spanning 3 pages.