Would you ever donate an organ

123456789101112>

Jackel_Snake

Post #129 October 2007, 22:50
Would you ever donate an o***n in order to save other person's life?

So would you

There are lots of people out there who are sick and need a new o***n
But there are less each year and people have to find there match.

Is it wrong to ask someone to ask them to donate their o***n after they die

And if it was between a friend and family member who would u choose

Quitter

Post #230 October 2007, 00:00
Yes I would donate an o***n to save another person's life. What greater gift could you give to someone than the gift of life.
No it is not wrong to ask someone to donate their o***n after death.
If I had to choose between a friend or family member I would want to know who had the more urgent need and also who was more compatable. Then I would make that decision based on those two factors. It would not be an easy decision but decisions concerning life and death never are.
I know it is easy to say I would and quite another to actually do it. We never know how much courage we have until we are tested. I hope that I would have that courage to do something so wonderful.

Sera_6969

Post #330 October 2007, 00:22
I give blood regularly and have donated bone marrow samples, too. I would also donate an o***n. Although, as Angelic points out, it is one thing to say and quite another to actually go through with it. I would like to think that the experiences i have had donating already, would hold me in stead when it came to something bigger.
I also carry a donor card that states any part of me can be used to help someone else in the event of my death. More importantly, my next of kin know my wishes in this respect so any confusion that might occur in the event of my demise and subsequent chopping up is already settled.
And why am i happy to do this? It's not because of altruism or humanity, i just know that if i ever needed treatment i'd want the spares to be available ASAP. So break me down and put me on the shelf
Hmm... Hope i didn't sound too glib, there!

HusnainCheema

Post #47 November 2007, 16:34
During my life time it is really difficult for me to give my any o***n but after my death if some body wants it than can take because some organs like 1-eyes etc can be used in other human 's which are taken from a dead between 2 hours and by giving my o***n during my life really difficult for me but after life!

wattsy_eya

Post #510 November 2007, 13:16
Well this ties in nicely to this years science coursework.

We had to answer questions all about transplantation; xenotransplantation; the good & bad etc.

So having looked at this in depth; I think that if someone was needy for a donor; i would donate. I'll put a scenario to you, and see what you think.

You may just think it's a complete stranger who needs a donor. But think about it; that person may be a parent; a husband or wife; a brother or sister; a best friend; a family member; a hero, whatever. Are you going to break many peoples hearts because of a stubborn way in which you say NO to it? I think not.

That may be your parents; your partner; your brother or sister; your best friend; your family members or your hero that needs it. You will then wish for someone to donate it for them.

Nrg1001

Post #610 November 2007, 13:29
If it saves somebodys life after my death I would! And I also carry a donor card and my parent know about that! I think it's ok to save a life when you're gone!

arna_persian

Post #710 November 2007, 17:49
of course i will donate my organs, coz i love every1 in this world & i live 4 people and with people. i donate my blood every time i can. saving a person's life is a gift for his or her family and is a way to make ur next life better.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 10.11.07, 17:53.

Quitter

Post #811 November 2007, 01:47
definitely yes, what will i do with my organs when i die? specially i want a direct cremation, every o***n in my body, from my eyes to my bones, i'll gladly donate to those who are in need....

Meghindo

Post #911 November 2007, 01:54
Oh hell I just sold my kidney yesterday to buy some cigaretts

Just kidding y'all...yes...I gues anyone would donate theyr organs for a good cause,live or dead,I know I would donate for someone who still has a chance,as a matter a fact,I think they should realy have a hour at biology in schools & talk about this stuff cose it's preety serios so just like you donate blood,as long as you'r still alive aftert the operation,then you can donate organs as well

Quitter

Post #1011 November 2007, 01:59
Would you ever donate an o***n in order to save other person's life?
-> Yes definitely. I'd donate my organs after my death. If I can save somebody else, it's a great opportunity for me to do so.

So would you
-> Yes.

There are lots of people out there who are sick and need a new o***n
But there are less each year and people have to find there match.

Is it wrong to ask someone to ask them to donate their o***n after they die
-> No, it's not wrong. But, on the funnier side, it's like expecting them to die soon, whaadya think? sorry for the joke

And if it was between a friend and family member who would u choose
->Family member would always top my list.

123456789101112>

This topic has 115 posts, spanning 12 pages.