Zedge Levels and Awards

123456789101112131415>80

Jeremy

Post #17 September 2007, 18:57
We have a couple of fantastic new features that are going to be a lot of fun!

The first is called Zedge levels:

Starting today, instead of our old Zedge “titles” (Baby Zedger, Boss Zedger, Gold Zedger Etc.) we will be implementing, for all active Zedgers, a whole new set of levels.
How are they calculated? Basically the level is calculated from your overall activity on Zedge (not just forums as we did in the past).

The Algorithm (in mathematics, computing, linguistics, and related disciplines, an algorithm is a finite list of well-defined instructions for accomplishing some task that, given an initial state, will terminate in a defined end-state… but enough about that ) behind this calculation is Top Secret (and I mean TOP SECRET, so don’t even ask me, not even the moderators will find out ever! I have not even told my wife!) However, what is not a secret is, it pays to be a good Zedger and do things that are appreciated by the “entire” Zedge community.

Everyone starts from scratch so the levels will change quickly in the beginning. They may seem a little odd at first but after a week or so they will start to “level” out (excuse the pun) and we will really see who the top Zedgers really are…so, what are you waiting for?

Your level will be indicated with a cool new badge, which you will see next to your username on your profile. This badge could change Monthly, Weekly, Daily or even hourly. The question is, “How do they change?” -- I already told you I am not telling you…but if you take the number of stars you can see tonight, multiply it by the square root of a turnip add 7 subtract 16 divide by the number of tiles on your bathroom floor then you will be close.

One more thing: There is no point in complaining or emailing or messaging us about your level. We won’t tell you what needs to be done in order to get you to be #1 on Zedge. Remember YOU are the only person that can do anything about it.

The second is called Zedge Awards:

We have a new award system that will give the most popular uploads the recognition they deserve. If you have an upload that is in the top list, everyone will see it in your profile. There are special “medals” that will be shown on the top uploads.
Zedge charts helps you to keep track of the most popular content in the Zedge public galleries. We also have the “Most Downloaded Zedgers”, the “Most Viewed Zedgers”, the “Most Subscribed to Zedgers” , the “Top ranked Zedgers” and the Zedgers with the “Most popular uploads.”
We may even have to get some cool prizes for the top Zedgers.

Good Luck and enjoy – any questions, comments or suggestions you know what to do.

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 07.09.07, 21:48.

Superion7

Post #27 September 2007, 19:01
LOL, ok that's it, I really wondered there's this "Dedicated Zedger" popped out after my name and shoutout.

Looks like fun anyway.

Geoff_999

Post #37 September 2007, 19:06
Cool

no more,

Quote of user: newbie

why am i a baby zedger?

Quitter

Post #47 September 2007, 19:10
brilliant zedge just gets better and better

DXB_RoYaL

Post #57 September 2007, 19:11
was wondering what that thing was near my display pics
looks cool and i like it good job keep it up

Superion7

Post #67 September 2007, 19:12
And my title disappeared, dang! LOL.

Going back at scratch made me scratch my head.

Silver_Line

Post #77 September 2007, 19:15
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
very good

yianni444

Post #87 September 2007, 19:18
Which are the ranks?

From top to bottom

Quitter

Post #97 September 2007, 19:19
Fantastic!! This is going to be great fun keeping tabs on levels and awards.. the race is on

Quitter

Post #107 September 2007, 19:20
ok so mine says zedgehead and all of teh coloured bars are filled up - is that the top rank?

123456789101112131415>80

This topic has 800 posts, spanning 80 pages.