To think or to feel?

123456>

Quitter

Post #130 May 2007, 08:54
Quite common on mankind is this state of false comfort that people get used to. It often leads to a path of deception, depression and emptiness. Some may say that we only have two paths to choose from: the path of faith or the path of destiny.

Going through the first one people have hope that all that is going badly in their lives can get better if they have faith enough in going over the problems. People act according to some kind of spiritual guidance that eventually will lead them into fulfilled happiness and joy.

Going through the second people feel that whatever they do, things are almost the same, driven through a predestined path. So in all their lives they have often the sensation of deja vu, the weird feeling that they lived that same event already, in another time, in another life, maybe.

But no matter which one they choose, and also often shifting from one to the other, to go through their lives, they forget one simple thing. We think too much. Rationalization of all things ain't always the answer. Some things just can't be explained, can't be theorized. Just a few can actually. We are invited, each day in our lives, to fight laziness and to find our own path, our own legend. It is in each one's heart and mind the whole task of finding which path do we want. It is in that choice that lies our strength, our character.

What i'm proposing is a minute to stop thinking and just feel. Close your eyes, think on nothing but on your own self, and start feeling. Ignore all the noises that surrounds you. Ignore all thoughts. Open your inner senses wide and feel. If you're strong enough, you'll see what i mean. Then focus on one single question. You will answer yourself.

Now answer this one: are you a thinker or a feeler?

hanz850323

Post #230 May 2007, 09:22
i think im much more of a feeler than a thinker...haha

Quitter

Post #330 May 2007, 11:20
The most of the people aren't in relation with they own feelings, consciousness and real life. Many people spare time in world where they mean the things in life depends of somebody else. We are the creators of our destiny. I don't believe blind in destiny, I believe that destiny open the ways and our decision is which one we will choose . If I choose to stay in any kind of relation (friends, marriage, job etc) and I am not satisfied, that is my problem and no one can solve it except me, nobody is guilty except me. I can change it. But the most of people don't understand that, they think thats a destiny or simply the life.

You can't say so simply: are you a thinker or a feeler. It has to be modulate between these things. You can feel, but without thinking you're lost. I follow my feelings and at the same time my rationality works.

Extremity in these case isn't good.

NoOWay

Post #430 May 2007, 11:32
both but my feeling alway right

Quitter

Post #530 May 2007, 12:15
@_Persephone_

True. But while feelings let us see one step forward, thinking only allows us to give a firm step ahead. And not always you can afford to choose. Some things are meant to be chosen, others aren't. Talking about bonds, we sometimes bond to some people quicker than others. Is that a proof of free will, of personal choice? Maybe. So my question stays: are you a thinker or a feeler? One of them weights more than the other. It only depends on some personal characteristics and of circumstances mainly. But one stands almost, or most of the time, under one of them. Obviously i am a thinker but i use my inner vision to guide me, so i also can be a feeler.

Have you tried to do the exercise? Have you got there?

Quitter

Post #630 May 2007, 12:26
your inner feelings and your thought control each other, how you feel reflects on how you think

Quitter

Post #730 May 2007, 12:28
Are you sure that it ain't the other way around? If you stick deep inside your mind that you're sick, you'll begin to show physical symptoms of that illness. Scientifically proven.

Quitter

Post #830 May 2007, 12:34

Quote of user: DrakDemon

Are you sure that it ain't the other way around? If you stick deep inside your mind that you're sick, you'll begin to show physical symptoms of that illness. Scientifically proven.

very good point indeed Drak

aceitjo

Post #930 May 2007, 13:05
uh, i'm a thinker. i tend to get a bit rash when i do things based on how i feel. I weigh my choices when i think, and thus, i make better decisions. =)))

synoptic

Post #1030 May 2007, 13:39
I think i'm both ....which presupposes me to be thinking that i am both a thinker and feeler, making me a thinker instead of a feeler, i think

seriously though...there are times indeed that we think about a lot of things which is quite literaly who we are....we are rational human beings if we just allow ourselves to feel and go about acting on our feelings without considering possible consequences then we are no different than the animals that work on instinct alone.

just my point of view though

123456>

This topic has 52 posts, spanning 6 pages.