Wallpapers breaking ToS

wotsitgizmo

Post #110 May 2007, 21:38
I have noticed so many wallpapers that violate the terms of service. There are a few that are copyrighted by another website, but so many contain profanity, even more contain s******y explicit and n**e images and there are a lot of wallpapers with people self-harming or pretending to commit suicide. There are also a lot of images that are duplicated more than twice and so many that are in the wrong category.
Shouldnt someone check the images before they are added to the gallery?
It is really fustrating, I came here to look for wallpapers for my phone, not to look at pics of people selfharming and pretending to commit suicide, if I want to look at those type of images, there are plenty of websites for just that. Glorifying suicide and selfharm is wrong. It makes it harder for the people who have problems with selfharm and thoughts of suicide to get help. Everyone thinks they are doing because its the lastest cool thing or they are just being "emo", not because they have serious problems.
The adult images and language dont bother me, but it would be nice if they was in their own category so you could choose not to look at them.

Tincho_DJ

Post #210 May 2007, 22:23
Nudity and artwork theft is not allowed nor tolerated here. They are removed as soon as they are found or reported. Duplicated items (obviously) are not allowed either.

Themes/wallpaper authors can report rips.

About self-harming/suicide, I'm not sure. But you will find lots of pics like that in profiles.

Adult images? If you mean p**n/nudity, they are not tolerated, therefore they won't have their own category. They don't belong here.

Pre-approved uploads would be a solution. Until recently it was hard to do because there were only two admins and a lot of work to do. But now there are 5 admins and it would be easier. Let's wait and see what they decide to do about this.

You can report any offensive itme. I'm showing you an example. Don't worry; I blurred the image to avoid disturbing you. I'm not saying that the item in the example should be reported. I just pickled an item and used it for the example. I searched for "suicide" to get an item, but I could have used any other item. After all, it's just the link what I want to show you, not the image

wotsitgizmo

Post #311 May 2007, 07:34
I have reported a lot of images already, thats why I wrote the first post as I was getting fed up reporting so much.

Having suicide/sellfharm images in your profile is completely different to having them in a public gallery.

This topic has 3 posts, spanning 1 page.