newest SEUS firmware update for P990i

<123

gurmeetbedi

Post #216 July 2007, 19:50
I think, I need to wait till August 1st week. Because i learnt that SE is going to develop atleast next version of p990's firmware. Because in the latest firmware , The company found some serious bugs which you and me like can not find. So there fore they decided to kill those bugs in next version.

may be sound should be improved in next one too.

HOPE SO.

Regards-
--

Gurmeet

adnansanni

Post #227 July 2007, 04:02
yeap @gurmeetbedi, you should wait, take your phone to service centre isn't a good idea.

gurmeetbedi

Post #238 July 2007, 06:49
Yaaa...You are right.

Thanks for kind suggestion.

See you around..

--

Gurmeet

veerendra1607

Post #2410 October 2007, 22:46
Hi Edlong,

I got p990i 3 months back and i would like to know how to upgrade ot new firmware...i heard there are good features in this firmware. The details of my fone are:
phone: R9f011
Bluetooth: R5A01
Org:R5A17
CDA:R5A13.
Can you please help me out in updating my fone. Can we upgrade on linux system???

Thanks in advance...

Veeru

adnansanni

Post #2511 October 2007, 03:49
you can't upgrade on linux because "Sony Ericsson Update Service" software support xp and also vista.

veerendra1607

Post #2614 December 2007, 23:17

Quote of user: adnansanni

hi gurmeetbedi,
always new firmware stable than older one, but have new prob and fixed the older problem. I haven't this new one (org: R6D23), cause I'm gonna sell my P990i so I don't want to take any risk on the end of time. but some people on the other forums comfirmed these:

1. phone is pretty fast now.
2. pics thumbnails are clearer now. wifi connects faster. opera mini seems to load longer this time.
3. alarm bug fixed too.
4. flash now works on video mode, not just doing the trick as a flashlight but you can actually use the light when taking video. the flash trick works on the same way, on photo mode-slightly press the shutter them move the scroll wheel while pressing it so you'll have the video mode on standby with the flash...that's the flashlight trick right?...then all you have to do is press the shutter all the way so you can record videos with the flash on
5. one thing also noticed, there is no hissing when you move from one track of music to another track, even on silent part as long as it's playing, but once you pause it, you can hear the crackling sound (like listening to a vinyl record)
6. when you open the camera cover/slide it open & do the usual photography/video stuff, then you close back the cover, you automatically go back to the main screen without the screen saying like open cover to use the camera
7. Camera's Auto focus works better than previous.

And the main proble discover in this firmware is:
bug :when you press the space bar on flip open, you will just hear a beep sound but won't open the phone window.

So now this is upto you, I think this firmware not bad at all. I haven't heard the things that about blocked like you said.

Hi Adnansanni,

I have updated my SE p990i three days back. I read your message here and you have mentioned that in new firmware we can use flash light for video recording but when i used my fone for video recording the flast lite option was not thre and also tried the flash trick you mentioned but it didnot work inturn the fone was hanging...so i request you to tell me any third party s/w i can use to turn on light when i record videos...or else tell me exactly how we use the flash trick...or any other means where i can use the flash lite...I know from your messages that you did a lot of R&D on P990 so i am just asking you regading this matter

blueRm

Post #276 January 2008, 18:25
hi! i just want to know what is the newest organizer bcoz mine is R6D23? tnx n advance

m_ali_r

Post #284 March 2008, 11:22

Quote of user: ervinpl

hey, mine is CDA162008/59 R6A01.

what new in this update hm can u temme, so can update if needed hm

lazo2nd

Post #2914 October 2012, 11:15
guyz please please help me.. when i open the SEUS, i dont find P990i in the drop down list so i cant update my firmware. please help me, i want to update my se P990i

This post was written on a mobile device.

Geoff_999

Post #3014 October 2012, 11:35

Quote of user: lazo2nd

guyz please please help me.. when i open the SEUS, i dont find P990i in the drop down list so i cant update my firmware. please help me, i want to update my se P990i

It's probably not supported anymore.

<123

This topic has 30 posts, spanning 3 pages.