Creating themes for Samsung Z series

123456>

Tincho_DJ

Post #126 March 2007, 17:43
There is an almost unknown theme creator for Samsung Z (ZV10, Z140, Z300, Z500) phones. You can download it from here

You need to have Java installed on your computer to run the program.

Themeconstructor is not 100% in English and it's not 100% in Spanish either. That's why I strarted this topic. I'll post some screnshots with translations here.

ThemeConstructor also includes a theme viewer and a sample theme. It is recommended that you open the sample theme and take a look at the library (\Biblioteca\) folder to see the included images and learn about dimensions and design.

I asked the admins to add support for these phones so I hope you can upload your themes soon.

Main Screen:

1. Create New
2. Open Tbot file
3. Save Project
4. Build Theme
5. View Theme
6. Exit
7. About...

Main Menu translated into English:

Click the New Theme button and you will see this dialog box:

Once you create a new theme, all the options will be enabled.

In order to use images for the backgrounds, you will need:
A 176*220 image
or
A 528*220 image containing 3 pics of size 176*220, in case you check the Idle Background and Screen Background.

Acording to the program's tooltips:
The first picture will be blended with the background.
The second picture will be used as Menu Background.
The third picture will be used as wallpaper.

You can also force an image as wallpaper. You can use an animated GIF or a Flash (SWF) animation.

Power on and power off images must be 176*220. Tones can be AMR, MMF; MIDI or MP3

You can create your own animations for your theme. Specify the start and end image and the number of frames. Both start and end images must be 176*220. The animation may not look perfect because the program does not optimize the image.

You can specify graphics for the top and bottom bars. See the sample theme included with the program to figure out how to do them. Same goes for the arrows.

Create Icons: Create icon animations.
Create Menu Backgrounds: This is only relevant if we don't create the icon animations.
Icon images: You must specify an image containing all the icons. It can have any resolution. The program will divide the image by 4 to calculate icon's measures. Icons height and width must be equal. Each icon must not exceed 98*98. The first icon (used for the standby menu) must not exceed 64*64.
Border image: It will be used for the icon borders when they are animated. It's not necessary for the image to have the same size as the icons, but it's recommended.
If the image is square (64*64) the border is used below the icons.
If the image has double width (128*64), the first part is used below the icons and the second one is shown above.

You can specify tones for voice call, video calls and messages here. Tones can be in any format supported by the phone: AMR, MMF, MIDI, MP3.

External LCD screen:
Two images are required. One seems to be for thetheme graphics and the other can be used for effects, watermarks, etc. Both must be 96*96

If you have any questions about this, or if you need a translation for a text not translated here, feel free to post. Also, let us know if you have created a theme.

This post has been edited 3 times. The last edit took place 03.05.07, 21:40.

Tincho_DJ

Post #23 May 2007, 21:44
Now this topic is open for all of you.

Keep in mind that I'm not a Samsung expert. I don't even have a Samsung phone. However, I`ll do my best to help. Needless to say, if you need a translation for text not translated in the post above, ask me.

Enjoy!

Saley_ali

Post #39 June 2007, 13:52
Thank u very much

joerecycles

Post #424 June 2007, 18:31
Does that theme maker makes files in .gc and .gcd ?

Samsung uses those files for their themes.

Tincho_DJ

Post #527 June 2007, 06:00
No, actually it saves the theme as a .thm file.

I'm not a Samsung user; I just posted this tutorial because I found the program and I knoe many people would need a translation in order to use it.

I'ñll try selecting other models and I'll tell you if it saves themes as .gc or .gcd

Which model are you using?

Goodearl

Post #62 July 2007, 01:17
I use an Samsung v804ss made for Vodafone (now Softbank, Japan) with an AT&T Cingular sim card.

Here are my states:

Wall papers
Forat: *.bmp
Resolution: 128*84 (35K)
240*320 (225K)

Ringtones/Alarms
Format: *.mmf or *.mp4

Flash Objects
Format: *.swf

Will post again if I am able to make anything...

joerecycles

Post #72 July 2007, 19:44

Quote of user: tinchodj

No, actually it saves the theme as a .thm file.

I'm not a Samsung user; I just posted this tutorial because I found the program and I knoe many people would need a translation in order to use it.

I'ñll try selecting other models and I'll tell you if it saves themes as .gc or .gcd

Which model are you using?

Samsung M500 , american version??? I think the UK version is Samsung Z500

And it is 176 x 220

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 02.07.07, 19:45.

ratkoperic

Post #811 September 2007, 18:10
Can this work with Z150?

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 11.09.07, 18:10.

loooool12

Post #914 September 2007, 11:30
can this work with Z720 ??

naseer222

Post #1022 September 2007, 07:19
good .. thank you

123456>

This topic has 52 posts, spanning 6 pages.