Hey all u Liverpool fans!!!!!!

1<123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137>

Dongzi

Post #135126 November 2012, 12:26
Stevie G has been under-performing of late. A couple of his passes were fantastic during the game at Liberty Stadium on Sunday, other than that he was either lazy to go after the ball or seemed quite lost. Personally, I'd give my vote to Glen Johnson as far as Man of the Match was concerned. It's more than just sad to see LFC float at mid table.

It's been three consecutive seasons. Three! That LFC are absent from UCL. Brendan Rodgers is asking the club and fans to give him more time to so-called fix the team. I truly wonder how he is going to do that, if he doesn't initiate some serious and drastic changes. I was smiling with contempt when some fans said Suarez needed quality players to play alongside, however, I felt sorry indeed for Suarez as I followed the Sunday match. Only then did I agree that LFC had to sign someone who can complement Suarez's efforts to score for the club.

There are times I wonder what would happen if Ferguson, who is widely known as one of the best football managers, took charge of LFC. I know it won't happen for a century or two, still, it doesn't hurt to imagine.

sudeeprathode

Post #135229 November 2012, 12:15
hehehe i'm barselona..fan..

This post was written on a mobile device.

Dongzi

Post #13534 December 2012, 11:46

Have any of you read this? I'm gonna grab one.

_Dark_Shadow_

Post #13544 December 2012, 13:21
Feels good to post here after more than a year

Brendan Rodgers is an absolute legend

Dongzi

Post #135511 December 2012, 14:02
I'm very rarely in touch with Michael Owen these days. I suppose that's natural in a sense because he left Liverpool in 2004 to move to Real Madrid. I can totally understand why he made that switch. Real are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if not the biggest, and Michael was a success there even though he only spent one season at the Bernabeu. I have to be honest and say I was very surprised he chose to sign for Manchester United. Michael enjoyed legendary status at Liverpool, but that has been diluted now because of the move he made. Only Michael knows if he got that decision right. ~ A chapter excerpt courtesy of <Steven Gerrard My Liverpool Story>

Just to share with Liverpool fans, and not meant to violate any intellectual property rights. I personally missed out on Owen's glory days at Anfield, and it was indeed a sad thing that he played for the Devils at one point. But who are we to judge his decision? Every footballer is merely a footballer, who also takes his future into consideration before making any move.

_Dark_Shadow_

Post #135613 December 2012, 10:56
Who do you think Liverpool will sign this January?

Dongzi

Post #135713 December 2012, 13:26
Speculations flood everywhere. Fans start their little tiny fantasies of who the great footballers they wanna sign. Just too bad they are not Brendan Rodgers, eh? I recall watching the Irish manager on TV approached by a kid who asked for his signature and then told him 'You'll sign Dempsey, won't you?', and Rodgers just responded, 'Dempsey, huh. You're from Ireland?' The kid nodded followed by a yes.

To be frank, I can't say who will fit in the current squad well. When a footballer can perform and deliver at some other club doesn't mean he can do the same for LFC. A couple of fans even want the manager to rest Gerrard, saying that Leiva presently plays better than the skipper. I don't want to sound like defending Gerrard, but it sure does go that way. Those fans get frustrated probably due to the reason that they have high expectation of Gerrard. If they think Gerrard should step down, who do they propose to take over his role?

More than enough said. Now, who do you want (not just think, go ahead imagine you were Brendan Rodgers who has the power to land any footballer at Anfield) to sign come January when the transfer window opens?

_Dark_Shadow_

Post #135827 December 2012, 08:30
Problems Liverpool face at the moment

Problem number 1 -
BR. He has had my backing right from the very start in all honesty, and still does. But however, I think the main problem with BR is he's trying to play this pass and move
'Barcelona' style of football, with players that just don't have the talent or quality to execute it. It's like having a donkey and telling it how to win the grand national. It's just not going to have the quality.

Problem number 2 -
The defence. Theres been too many times this season Agger and Skrtel just haven't delt with big strong strikers i.e Benteke and Kenwyne Jones. I'm not sure why coz they're both good in the air and they're big lads. Maybe they're just too comfy knowing they're on the team
sheet every game.

Problem number 3 -
Weak midfield. Lucas, Allen, Hendo, Sahin, none of them are big strong tacklers. None of them are of the mold of Mascherano or Paddy Veira etc. Lucas is the closest but even he's not up to the level we need to win the league. Apart from all being
very weak physically, none of them are all that great technically. There's not a huge amount of creativity or spark coming from our midfield.

Problem number 4 -
The wingers. Sterling and Suso. They have great potential no doubt. But put all your faith in 2 very young, inexperienced lads is all too much. Downing's rejuvenation was short lived as was expected. Big physical game, and he goes missing. He can produce the goods, but against the top opposition,
he doesn't have that special edge. Cole, too old and washed up.

Dongzi

Post #135930 May 2013, 12:07
Happy Birthday, Stevie G.

Sarth1ka

Post #136030 May 2013, 12:18
#Respect Stevie Gerrad

1<123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137>

This topic has 1,365 posts, spanning 137 pages.