Computer Hardware or Software problems.

123456789101112131415>110

Jeremy

Post #125 January 2007, 22:19
Seeing as this is the Computers, Internet & Gaming section, I figured a topic helping people with problems with their PC might be a good idea.

So feel free to ask away and we will try to help you....

Jeremy

titaniumsoul

Post #230 January 2007, 15:20
I would like to ask for advice on the following scenario:

One of my friends whose computer is unable to produce sound when a music or DVD movie is played. She claimed that her PC's OS was install and uninstall for lots of times and now she want it back to the normal state. When she install the Sound Card Driver, her PC prompt with a message asking for Microsoft Windows XP CD to be put in. However, she doesn't have it, so is there any way such as downloading a version of Windows XP or is there any other method to rectify this problem?

Jeremy

Post #330 January 2007, 17:26
My suggestion is to go to control panel and go to system then hardware then device manager. See if anything has a yellow exclamation mark there.... it is possible that it was not installed correctly. You will need to find the manufacturers website and Download the drivers.

Good luck.

Jeremy

cryozero

Post #41 February 2007, 06:48

Quote of user: titaniumsoul

I would like to ask for advice on the following scenario:

One of my friends whose computer is unable to produce sound when a music or DVD movie is played. She claimed that her PC's OS was install and uninstall for lots of times and now she want it back to the normal state. When she install the Sound Card Driver, her PC prompt with a message asking for Microsoft Windows XP CD to be put in. However, she doesn't have it, so is there any way such as downloading a version of Windows XP or is there any other method to rectify this problem?

If your sound card is on board check the model and manufacturer of the mother board go to manufacturers website look for the drivers for the mother board and download it.

If it's not onboard go to the soundcards manufacturer and download the driver there.

You must know the model number so will get the right one.
Wrong drivers will only cause your PC to crash.

Jeremy

Post #51 February 2007, 14:32
Correct me if I am wrong but did I not just say that?

Jeremy
Don't forget to check out blog.zedge.net

Quitter

Post #64 February 2007, 11:55
Forgive me for being off topic but don't you think that this a really wide and vague topic? Problems can be separated by categories, like software, hardware or even we can be more specific under those two. Don't u agree? Or is it your intention to try to answer them all in here?

viN70

Post #74 February 2007, 17:08
well.... as to the first problem... that is why u never lose ur manufacturers drivers cd's... secondly this thread has nt really taken off... and im guessing ill be erased for saying that.. so... i dont think we should really get into that here... zedge is after a pro mobile site... so yeah. dont get into more detail with this sticky...keep it simple...there wont be many questions anyways... my 2cents

viN70

Post #84 February 2007, 17:09
and jeremy... this is a forum right? the i am allowed to say something even though u or some1 else already said it? Dont slam ppl coz u r an admin please...

Jeremy

Post #95 February 2007, 17:57
Actually the rules state you are not allowed to post just to up your post count.
Repeating something would be just that.
As for your suggestion of slamming you, all i said was, Correct me if I am wrong but did I not just say that?
Not sure if perhaps you just took it the wrong way but that was not my intention whatsoever. I apologize if that is how it was received.

DarkDraconius -- If it becomes used then by all means would could separate it but for now as viN70 pointed out, its not really being used :-)

Thanks

Jeremy
Don't forget to check out blog.zedge.net

Quitter

Post #105 February 2007, 18:02

Quote of user: Jeremy

DarkDraconius -- If it becomes used then by all means would could separate it but for now as viN70 pointed out, its not really being used :-)

Maybe no one has got Computer Hardware or Software problems yet

123456789101112131415>110

This topic has 1,100 posts, spanning 110 pages.