Joined: 14 Mar 04
Official Zedge Rules and Policies
You must be 16 years of age to register as a Zedge user. As a member of the Zedge community you are required to abide by the following rules and policies. These guidelines were designed to keep everyone happy and safe. Violation of rules and policies will be dealt with as indicated below. Rules and policies may be amended at any time by Zedge without notification to users.
Zedge reserves the right to remove your account access at any time for any reason.
Zedge Content Upload Policy
Zedge does not allow uploads of the following nature:
* Implied violence, racism or avocation against any individuals/groups/organizations
* Hacking/cracking content
* References to illicit drugs and/or drug paraphernalia
* P*********y, profanity or inappropriate content
* Gambling or casino-related content
* Excessive advertising
* Content that promotes illegal activity
* Content that infringes on or promotes infringement upon the legal rights of others
* Incentives (monetary or point-based) to users or third-party beneficiaries for online activity including but not limited to: clicking on ads or links, performing searches, surfing websites, reading emails or completing surveys
* Sales or promotion of certain weapons, such as firearms, ammunition, balisongs, butterfly knives, brass knuckles, and similar items
* Sales or promotion of alcoholic beverages
* Sales or promotion of tobacco or related products
* Sales or promotion of prescription drugs
* Sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods, or any infringement of copyrights or trademarks
Zedge offers a public gallery and only content of public interest should be uploaded. The following items may be deleted:
* Amateur photos, family photos, pets, etc.
* Poor quality items (blurred, pixilated, incorrectly proportioned, etc.)
* items containing illegible or irrelevant text
* items with defects/partial frames or edges
* Duplicate items
* Incorrectly named/tagged items
* Anything else we don't like
If you believe that any content on the site infringes on your copyright, send us a copyright notice and we will take immediate action.
If someone repeatedly uploads content that violates our rules, their account will be banned.
Private Message and E-mail Rules
The following is not allowed:
1. Using the private message system or e-mail form to harass or threaten other Zedge members.
2. Sending spam, commercial announcements via the e-mail or PM system products.
3. Sending unsolicited links to p**********c or other inappropriate content.
4. Links to outside files.
5. Selling anything.
Forum Posting Rules
1. Posts to the Forum must be in English.
2. Please look for an answer in old topics before beginning a new topic.
3. Posts should not be for the sole purpose of increasing your post count.
4. Choose a good subject: Subjects that say, "Help me!" are boring. Briefly describe your problem in your subject, then describe the problem in greater detail in the body of your post. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Avoid things like "Nokia 6600 problem"; "How can I uninstall apps on Nokia 6600?" is a smarter subject for your post.
5. Do not use inappropriate language.
6. Do not post in all CAPS. It's considered rude and hard to read.
7. No flaming. Flaming involves topics that are insulting or degrading; posts that are off-topic or directed at other members.
8. No derogatory comments about other users.
9. No spamming. Intentionally posting multiple posts or topics that contain the same content or similar content is considered spam.
10. No personal attacks, modification of a user's image, impersonation, posting private information, posting a user's photograph without permission.
11. No links to other websites that contain binary files.
12. No links to auction sites or other websites with stores.
13. Please thank those who help you. It's common courtesy. Shows that your parents raised you right.
14. Stay on topic.
15. Respect the Moderators and Administrators: We are doing our best to keep Zedge as GREAT as possible. And we can banish you with the wave of our hand. Starting discussions about actions taken by moderators is unacceptable. Constructive criticism is welcome.
Avatar / Display Picture Rules
1. No offensive images or language.
2. Image size should be minimum 192x192px
3. The Zedge Content Upload policy applies to Zedge Avatars.
1. We reserve the right to edit your profile information to remove the offensive content. You may or may not receive a warning.
2. No email addresses, Messaging ID's or Phone Numbers are allowed in your profile.
3. The Zedge Content Upload policy and Zedge Forum Posting Rules apply to Zedge User Profiles.
Zedge General Rules and Policies
1. Forgotten User Name or Passwords: If you forget your user name or password, use this form and we will send it to the email address you used to register with Zedge.
2. Banned Accounts: If your account was banned for any reason, it will not be restored just because you ask us to; you need to earn that right. You are not allowed to create a new account to circumvent being banned. To be considered for Account Reinstatement, you must correct the issues that caused you to be banned in the first place. The old account will not be deleted. Creating new accounts to circumvent banishment will result in the new accounts being locked/banned, as well.
3. Multiple accounts are not allowed. You may only maintain one account on this site.
4. Username Changes: Username Change Request Form
5. External Site Links: All links to external sites must be pre-approved by the Zedge Moderators or Administrators.
6. Advertising: You may not, under any conditions, advertise for commercial purposes any product or service. You may not post links to referral sites or any other revenue producing links.
7. NEVER POST personal details including email, IM addresses, etc.
8. Ignoring warnings from moderators or administrators to correct behavior may result in a permanent ban.
And remember, just because it isn't explicitly stated as one of the rules doesn't mean it's okay. Use common sense and good Netiquette when posting, replying and browsing these forums.
This post has been edited 14 times. The last edit took place 07.05.13, 20:45.
This topic has 1 post, spanning 1 page.