S700i value

kchen89

Post #126 February 2005, 01:40
May i know y has the value of s700i has dropped when the z800i or other phones has not been launched yet?i need the answers of u guys.plz repy asap.

cml6600

Post #226 February 2005, 02:14
Its been out for a good few months now, and phones' value depreciate over time. the xmas/new year break is over and its time for phones to drop in prices.
when the Z800i is released its possible that the price of the S700i will drop a little more.

etaab

Post #326 February 2005, 20:12
The Z800 does not affect the S700i's price, since they are not rival phones.

The reason the S700i is dropping in price because its been out 6 months nearly, and new SE phones are on the way.

Such as the K750i ( codename clara ) which has a 2.0 megapixel camera, and more features than the S700i.

alien_being

Post #427 February 2005, 09:33

Post quote:

Se has yet not announced a 2mp cam
2mp cam phns r in d pipeline frm motorola & panasonic though :P

i dunno 'bout u mate, but i wudnt bank against SE being too far behind...

cml6600

Post #52 March 2005, 00:03

Post quote:

btw, festivals such as x-mas & calendar changes such as d new yr have nothng 2 do wth d prices of phones

you think? in mobile terms its not called festivals, its called 'seasons'
why do manufacturers either hold or rush their phones for the xmas period? coz people are out SHOPPING FOR PRESENTS. money money money...that's what its all about...and x'mas is the time for reaping in max profits.

after x'mas? well everyone's done their xmas shopping and nobody's out buying phones as much, so everyone's gotta drop prices coz like you say they're not making as much money...

Post quote:

whn a phn doesnt make sales as per d manufacturer's xpectations d company compromises on it profits & reduces d cost 2 customers in order 2 sell more as it already has a lot of phns lyng in their warehouses

so it DOES have something to do with x'mas...geddit?

cml6600

Post #63 March 2005, 03:57

Post quote:

NOKIA's biggest babies d 7710 & d 9300 both were brought out last month
whch 4 ur information is d beginning of d yr & not xmas season

look beyond hongkong dude

serious? i saw both 9300 AND 7710 before xmas...hmmmm...maybe prototypes? and they may be Nokia's 'biggest babies' but they're definitely not MAJOR sellers. believe it or not every company's biggest sales retains around the entry-level to mid-level phones. top shelf phones are reserved for willing-to-spend enthusiasts like us, which is NOTHING compared to the market that 'just needs a phone'.

and i do look beyond Hong Kong mate. i've only just been back here for a year. before that, i've been doing business for 5 years in Australia with people from all over the world. i myself was born in the UK and i lived there for a while too. i've travelled to over 10 countries aside. my friends are scattered all over the world. i am giving opinions from experience in a world point of view. i know xmas isnt celebrated all over the world but where's the MAJOR market for mobiles? where X'mas is celebrated (big celebration or small). to clarify that i'll list a few. USA + Europe + Asia + Australia + (parts of) China...and others too! all MAJOR MASS markets that celebrate xmas and do xmas shopping. compare all those markets to those who dont celebrate x'mas. now where's the big profits? i'd say just those continents i just listed account for more than 65% of total mobile sales.
and no i dont care if you agree with me or not. its not like i'm gonna get the jollies off seein u agree with me. i just want you to see my view, which is based on FACT. as much as you and i both have our own opinions, we cannot escape FACT.

also never did i say xmas was the ONLY affecting factor in prices. i know there's end of financial year etc. but i was just mention it was A FACTOR in the dropping of prices.

cml6600

Post #75 March 2005, 01:23
Awesome...people in HK use phones as a status symbol too...which is why the 8850 was a major seller even when shops bumped prices up to over 1000euro. (i was one of them too! but i got mine for a considerably lower price)

Weerdoe

Post #87 March 2005, 14:39
Okay. let's just keep this simple. ("the topic") uh.. it's a fact that phones' value decrease when it's released for quite a while, same with any other stuff.. .. cars, computers, whatever.. come on.. we're in the reality world

This topic has 8 posts, spanning 1 page.