12>

demoa

Post #18 February 2005, 07:07
My friend has given me his mem card but he had locked it
he gave me the cod but thecard is no opening

HELP

bigevil600

Post #28 February 2005, 08:15
If once u put ur mmc in the phone and the phone ask u for the password and u dont have it u cannot retain ur mmc =memory-card-locked
u cant do anything but to format it

nuwy

Post #38 February 2005, 15:25
I don't know if its legal to give you a way to unlock the card. If its not, mods i apologize but i haven't seen it written anywhere not to and please edit this post as required.

Here's what you do, everytime you lock ur Memory Card with a password, your phone will create a file to save your password having a file name 'mmcstore' - you can find ths file in folder c:\system\
Make sure you set ur file browser app to show hidden files.

Now, to get the password, send that file into your PC. Change file extension to .txt. Open that file using Notepad. You should see your MMC password there.

Let me know if it works.

demoa

Post #48 February 2005, 15:27
Ok i will try

bigevil600

Post #59 February 2005, 06:37

Post quote:

i don't know if its legal to give you a way to unlock the card. If its not, mods i apologize but i haven't seen it written anywhere not to and please edit this post as required.

Here's what you do, everytime you lock ur Memory Card with a password, your phone will create a file to save your password having a file name 'mmcstore' - you can find ths file in folder c:\system\
Make sure you set ur file browser app to show hidden files.

Now, to get the password, send that file into your PC. Change file extension to .txt. Open that file using Notepad. You should see your MMC password there.

Let me know if it works.

yes it is legal to unlock the mmc
and we have talked about this topic alot and already know this step in the zedge forum

cml6600

Post #69 February 2005, 20:44
Dont worry Nuwy its ok, we've talked about this before and its perfectly legal and ok to discuss here.

however, the 'MMCSTORE trick' only works if you can find the file from the phone you locked the MMC with, if you just grab any MMCSTORE file off any odd symbian phone ITS NOT GONNA WORK
the best solution is to grab hold of your mate and his phone, and get him to unlock it.
or just format it with a PC.

nuwy

Post #710 February 2005, 06:54
Gotcha cml6600!

i just thought about what u said and like duh! your right!! i totally forgot about the c: drive thing. so naturally this way won't work.

isn't there some sort of program which unlocks mem cards? ALso, can a password locked card be accessed via a card reader? i don't think it can, but its worth a shot.

bigevil600

Post #810 February 2005, 09:56
No fu*kin way if the memory card is locked ,no way u can read the data on the card reader
also if the memory card is locked and u put it on the card reader and launched ur mmc the relative image is a picture for an mmc with a corrupted sentence on it
and i have tried to format it on the mmc medic and on the pc while the memory card is locked and it didnt work and my 6630 solved the problem

pubicle

Post #910 February 2005, 12:05

Post quote:

no fu*kin way if the memory card is locked ,no way u can read the data on the card reader

let me explain, get a piece of tape, that clear white kind and cover up the last metal contact on the mmc closest to the angled corner and your password has walla disappeared!!! copy all info you need from the card, then reformat it, password is gone, remove tape and your set!!

nuwy

Post #1010 February 2005, 12:46
[quote]
now there's the best of them all! if it actually does work, then this has to be added to one of the stickies!

12>

This topic has 13 posts, spanning 2 pages.