w810i Walkman sotware issue

essio35

Post #123 May 2006, 15:30
Hi
I have a big issue here that's making me mad
I'm trying to transfer songs to my w810 via the Disc to Phone software bundled with my phone. I don't have a memory stick card reader, so it's my only option for now.
The problem is, I'm having a big headeache trying to transfer the songs in the order I want. I mean, I'm tryng to transfer a various artists mix cd, when you really need to keep the cd songs order(track list). Once I have the whole cd in my w810, and try to open it in the walkman application, the songs play in alphabetic order, not like the original cd track list. So now I have mix cd, well, "not mixed"!
This is a real pain for me
What can I do
Could you tell me your experience and suggestions, or alternatives in this issue?

thanks

Quitter

Post #223 May 2006, 15:59
well, why dont u try doing like i do with my W800i ?!

after i rip the cd into mp3 music, i create a folder in my stick and upload the files to it, when i do that, i get the tracks ordered

jarod27

Post #323 May 2006, 16:33
once the music is on your phone you could always make a playlist and add each song to it one at a time this should put them in the order you want.

essio35

Post #423 May 2006, 18:15
@ PK2004 : I don't have a card reader right now, so, that doesn't work for
me, thanks anyway

@jarod27 : that was my first option. But, shouldn't be more intuitive and
easier than that?

thank you friends

imo this is a real bug, I mean, if the mp3 tag says it's the track 3 in the folder, it should play as track 3

anymore ideas?

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 23.05.06, 18:15.

1harperj

Post #523 May 2006, 21:52
I think if you rename the files with the track number at the start, then they should be added to the playlist in the correct order.

Quitter

Post #623 May 2006, 22:30
Mp3s aren't sorted or played according to the tags. Do what 1harperj said and rename them with track number first.

This topic has 6 posts, spanning 1 page.