6600 no change needed

MaxRusH

Post #12 December 2004, 07:01
I have the 6600 for he pas 3-4 months and was thinking of upgrading it... so ran through all the new phones and compared them to my 6600 at zedge only... and found out that apart from a better camera and increased phone memory there is nothing that nokia can offer me... isn't it so have decided to stick with my phone for some more time...

tell me if anyone has a say about all of this...

any suggestions...

synaticxx

Post #22 December 2004, 07:33

Post quote:

I have the 6600 for he pas 3-4 months and was thinking of upgrading it... so ran through all the new phones and compared them to my 6600 at zedge only... and found out that apart from a better camera and increased phone memory there is nothing that nokia can offer me... isn't it so have decided to stick with my phone for some more time...

tell me if anyone has a say about all of this...

any suggestions...

If a minor changes doesn't change yr mood to upgrade, than u should stay with the Nokia 6600. Actually Nokia 6600 is good. As this phone have the most software in market. If u want a better picture quality after a snap shot from the Nokia 6600 camera, u can download PhotoAcute which can process a 0.3 megapixel picture quality to a 1.2 megapixel picture quality. As for an increase in memory, try Stacker from Symbianware. This software will compress any selected applications. So if u need to use this application later, there will be an automatic restore. Once u quit tht application, there will be an automatic compress. In this way u will save lots of memory. 8)

MaxRusH

Post #32 December 2004, 07:43
Well I've tried Photoacute before but its very difficult to use as first of all it takes a lot o time to take the pic then it takes a lot o time to process the image to 1.2 megs... and another thing that the 2x zoom that 6600 has cant be used through this app...

another thing you said was about 0.3 resolution of 6600 to correct you it takes pics in 640 * 480 pixels which is about 0.6 megapixels...

About the stacker app.. sounds like a cool app will try to find it... u know what i mean... i also have a 512 mb MMC in my 6600 so memory is not really a problem for me...

Thanx anyway...

love to all...

synaticxx

Post #42 December 2004, 09:21

Post quote:

Well I've tried Photoacute before but its very difficult to use as first of all it takes a lot o time to take the pic then it takes a lot o time to process the image to 1.2 megs... and another thing that the 2x zoom that 6600 has cant be used through this app...

another thing you said was about 0.3 resolution of 6600 to correct you it takes pics in 640 * 480 pixels which is about 0.6 megapixels...

About the stacker app.. sounds like a cool app will try to find it... u know what i mean... i also have a 512 mb MMC in my 6600 so memory is not really a problem for me...

Thanx anyway...

love to all...

Well maybe u can try PhotoRite SP from Zensis Limited. This software comes with an internal camera software applications. Have the ability to zoom 8x. And the best thing about it, u can edit the pictures. U can add photo frames, warp image, resolution correction etc. Btw u said i'm wrong about the Nokia 6600 camera resolution. The fact is 0.3 megapixel as stated in all the Mobile Phone Magazines. So maybe ur wrong As for the memory - no matter how big is the MMC capacity, all the phone's operation depends on the phone internal memory. So eventhough the MMC capacity is 512MB, the phone will not use a single bytes from the MMC to run the phone. 8)

pubicle

Post #52 December 2004, 09:27
I know what your saying, but nokia and almost every other phone manufacture is going for "fashion" with phones, so if the looks of the 6600 dont bother you then stick with it, for me i'm into the fashionthing but i think the 9500 blows every other phones specs away and hopefully i'm gonna get one in dec.. and also that small new nokia that doesnt have a key pad just as a spare phone.

MaxRusH

Post #62 December 2004, 09:30
Well about the MMC issue i think you have a valid point as the more internal memory the phone has the more breeting space it gets while running heavy softwares and ngage games which i cherish...

But still only the memory issue doesn't provoke me enough to go in for a big as investment as a new mobile phone costing you know ow much...

By the way...where r u from...fone fanatic and syntaxx

This topic has 6 posts, spanning 1 page.