Connecting to internet via wi fi .???

<12

phonetastic

Post #112 May 2006, 13:13
I dont know whether ... i am not getting your post ... or you are not getting mine ....

The thing is .. my desktop PC doesnt have a ethernet card ... or a wireless card installed .... I get wireless network range in my home ... from the service provider .. and my nokia phone even detects it ...

i can browse nicely on my phone ... but i want to transfer the internet to my desktop PC via this phone ....

I will be connecting phone to my PC using USB . So tell me what settings i have to do to make this possbile .....
Other option is I buy a wifi enabled USB device ... which will make my desktop PC detect Wireless connection .. ( I saw it in Market today ) ... but is there anyway possible i can use my phone instead of that....

AbgrXenda

Post #1231 August 2006, 09:12
to get connect using the wifi you must have a shared internet connection, this feature is not available in Nokia yet, and if it has that feature, you will connect your mobile using the gprs and share this connection with the PC via wifi, which is not reasonlble, connect directly to the internet using the GPRS, wifi is an ethernet, not a modem, u must connect to a modem and then you can share that connection with the ethernet, got it

phonetastic

Post #1331 August 2006, 10:33
nope !!

coz GPRS ..is no where in the picture. I was able to transfer internet to my computer using my phone ... coz it act like a modem and my desktop pc connects to it like a its connected to a dial up by dialing *99#. ( please note my desktop computer was not having any modem)

Now when comes to wifi .. i am able to understand that it requires an ethernet card ... But since that some kind of card will be there in the phone too... thats y it can connect to Wi Fi... so y not there will be some way to transfer that to computer ... without This GPRS coming into picture.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 31.08.06, 10:38.

ash_666

Post #1411 July 2007, 04:30
hey guys plzz help me

i have a normal adsl connection and wanted 2 upgrade it to a wifi connection.

i want to connect my psp and my computer

Post #1530 October 2008, 19:00
I wanna know.....I want to use my mobile sony erricson w700i as a wifi device with my laptop

can I use it.......if yes then how can I do it

<12

This topic has 15 posts, spanning 2 pages.