Downloaded ringtones aren't transferring

travers

Post #121 July 2013, 19:19
I know a million people have asked this question but I haven't found an answer that works ... either that or it's just not sinking into my head.

I have an Iphone 4s and downloaded some ringtones with the correct extension of .m4r . I opened Itunes v. 11.0.4.4 and found the ringtones in "TONES" but when I went to sync them to my Iphone, I can't find where they've been transferred to, or even if they have been transferred. I tried to follow some other instructions where at one time you could sync the tones but the option isn't there anymore. The only place on my Iphone that I can find TONES on is Itunes itself to purchase them, so I don't think that's the right spot.

I have a feeling it's incredibly easy to do but I guess I just need the super duper dumbed down explanation of how to do this.

Thank you so much in advance!

DEBForbes

Post #210 August 2013, 23:37
I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping to find a good solution/post here as well.....

travers

Post #314 August 2013, 22:11
Actually I found the answer. When you have your ITunes open and you are in your Tones folder, at the upper right side where it shows your iPhone in iTunes you can click and drag the tone directly to,the iPhone icon and it will upload it. After you disconnect if you look in your general settings under ringtones it will be there.

conkeyclan5

Post #430 August 2013, 15:13
I am having the same problem! And tried to follow you advice but it shows a red X when I click and try to move to my phone. I am not sure what the problem is. Please help!

Rgn2810

Post #525 September 2013, 20:49
Have Itunes open, click file panel and select add file to library.

This topic has 5 posts, spanning 1 page.