How to download to SD card

12>

Ryoleon

Post #113 February 2013, 18:56
Im using the ZEDGE app on my phone, How do I download the wallpapers/ringtones etc to my SD card instead of my internal phone memory? I dont see an option for it anywhere in the settings.

_flipsyde

Post #213 February 2013, 19:20
well I guess it gets downloaded in mmc, see zedge folder in it.
phone memory is only used while installing apps.

R3TaRd3D_JoK3R

Post #313 February 2013, 19:36

Quote of user: Ryoleon

I dont see an option for it anywhere in the settings.

Go to your mobile settings, and then open apps, click on 'Zedge Mobile' and select 'Send to SD Card' .
If you dont have a setting like this in your phone, then there must be an option on your phone, to select the memory to install whenever you download an App.

The Zedge App has no setting as such to move itself between Phone and External Memory. You have to manually do it.

Ryoleon

Post #413 February 2013, 22:58
Well, I havent found a way to send ANY app to sd card on my phone, Atrix HD, With ice cream sandwich, But I dont mind the app being in my phones memory, What I want to know is if theres a way for zedge to download the WALLPAPERS/RINGTONES Etc To my SD card instead of phones memory, As It is it downloads them all to my phones internal memory to a Zedge folder

__LOV3ABL3__

Post #513 February 2013, 23:39
Hi, the process is very simple once you download " App to SD " application on your phone, and when you click on application once installed you will be able to see option and apps showing automatically which can be compressed to SD card memory and which one's are not compatible so Zedge app will also show in the list which is easy to send to SD through the above app I have mentioned..This procedure will help you and do the needful.

Ryoleon

Post #614 February 2013, 03:31
Ive tried a multitude of app2sd apps that are out there, None of them work, Ive googled and was told that the ability to move apps to sd card was removed in ICS. Again, This is NOT what I'm looking for, I want the wallpapers/ringtones/etc that are DOWNLOADED BY ZEDGE On my SD card. NOT the ZEDGE app Itself.

__LOV3ABL3__

Post #714 February 2013, 03:46
In that case simply use your PC and with the help of USB cable copy paste all wall papers in memory card from your gallery where you have the wallpapers saved in your phone memory right now

Ryoleon

Post #814 February 2013, 04:03
Yes, I know I can either hook it up to the computer and move them manually, Or go into my files on my phone and do it, ITs not that hard, I just want to know if theres a way for zedge to do it automatically, Because thats a PITA if you have to do that everytime you download something.

__LOV3ABL3__

Post #914 February 2013, 05:18
Hi, you can check the link to get apps for transferring phone apps to SD play.google.com/store/search?q=app+2+sd+free&c=apps

Zedge is a website which offers free stuff for mobile and there is no way you can directly get the wallpapers from Zedge saved to memory card as Zedge don't have that option so the available option I mentioned earlier would be your alternative for making your work done.

Ryoleon

Post #1014 February 2013, 19:29
Like I said I dont know how many times, It is not possible to move apps to SD card on the Atrix HD, Its a function that was removed. Just to humor you I downloaded the first app on that list, App 2 SD (App manager). Tells me I dont have a real primary external drive or the primary external is emulated. Its because the main internal storage area for my phone is considered an SD card, And my actual 32GB SD card is considered External 1, Its how they made the phone.
Looks Like ill have to just move everything manually, Wish it had an option to select where to download to.

12>

This topic has 13 posts, spanning 2 pages.