Money 4 outer space or human basic need?

intruder_

Post #113 February 2013, 03:06
Some people think governments should spend as
much as possible exploring
outer space.

Others disagree and
think governments should spend
this money for our basic needs
on Earth.

Which of these opinions do you agree with? Explain

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 13.02.13, 03:09.

JusticeForAll

Post #21 April 2013, 14:21
in a welfare system why not? obviously it would be stupid to initiate such things in the 3rd world, but in a well-working country where they can afford such investments, it is something we have to support.

deepxtz

Post #315 April 2013, 20:37
I`m quite sure that there are many people who will say that the government should spend more money on exploring outer space which includes traveling to space and to other planets. However, I have a different view. By examining that we should spend more money on public places, we should invest more money on the biotechnology and support people who are suffering and dying from poverty, and we should take more actions to preserve the environment on Earth, it is clear that the government should spend more money for our basic needs on earth.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 15.04.13, 20:37.

purpletini

Post #411 May 2013, 03:28
I believe that space exploration is not an ultimatum to meeting basic human needs. I find that argument is flimsy - it is not a "one or the other" issue. The United States has a great deal of dormant defense funds that could and should be put to better use in space exploration efforts.

By "dormant defense," I mean the highly specialized artillery and aircraft that cost the taxpayers billions per year, and have never been used, nor could they be practically implemented into combat.

This post has been edited 2 times. The last edit took place 18.05.13, 15:59.

This topic has 4 posts, spanning 1 page.