Help with ringtones and text tones

doez0763

Post #129 January 2013, 22:46
Hello all...Hoping someone will be able to help me here...I'm a total newbie here and just trying to learn how to navigate around here and trying to figure out how to read my guestbook is hard enough lol. I've always loved having different ringtones from others...I like to stand out from the crowd....lol...I've downloaded so many and also some text ones also...Can anyone tell me when I go to add them to my iTunes how will it know if its a ringtone or a text tone? I have some in there now that are meant to be text tones and their in the ring tones and I don't know how to get them to become text tones...Also I wanted to request some ringtones and I was sent the link to request them in and I only see a reply button not a post button so that is confusing me...Any help would greatly be appreciated...

OneAznDragon

Post #22 February 2013, 21:18
Many formats on the site are in mp3, you have to reconvert them to m4r for message tones / ringtones, i'm guessing you have an iphone

doez0763

Post #33 February 2013, 00:00
Hi and thanks for replying...Yes I have the iPhone 4s. I have put some ringtones and text tones in there already that I had to convert over to the m4r and but when they got put into my phone they were all put in my tones so none of my text tones were put into the text tones their in the ringtones...if that makes...and I followed the directions to the T...so now I have some new ringtones and text tones from here that I want to put on my phone and I'm not sure if their gonna be put in the right one...

OneAznDragon

Post #43 February 2013, 02:44
Whoa that was confusing to read and I still am a little confused on what you said. Text tones and Ring tones will be listed in the same Categories, all you have to do is select them once its on your phone. I too have the 4s

Rgn2810

Post #525 September 2013, 21:14
when adding ringtones to your phone.
the added ringtones or text tones will be grouped up on top if you select ringtones. Anything you download will be filed in the ringtone folder.
Alert tones already come with the phone and nothing new will be filed there
. When selecting text tones to be played alert tones witll be filed on top, ringtones will be the second group.
You should be able to select the sound you want to play for text or notification. If I'm not mistaken it does not matter when you select the sound to be played you can select the ringtone that you downloaded.

This post has been edited 1 time. The last edit took place 25.09.13, 21:15.

This topic has 5 posts, spanning 1 page.